1. Community Connectedness Initiative
During the next five years, GOCC will enhance its communications and connectedness with communities in its service area, and a new model for career education in service to area businesses will be developed.
2. Learner Success Initiative
During the 2005-2010 period, GOCC will advance all aspects of the learner's journey through the college, focusing all college units on creating programs and services that respond to changing student learning needs and enhance student success.
3. Continuous Quality Improvement Initiative
GOCC will institutionalize principles of continuous quality improvement (CQI) for the operation of the college.
4. GOCC Technology Initiative
During the next five years, GOCC will significantly upgrade instructional equipment, electronic-based learning, communications, and information technologies.
5. Employee Communications and Development Initiative
During the next five years, GOCC will develop and implement a college-wide employee communications/development program.
6. Choosing and Implementing GOCC's Financial Future
During the next five years, the voters of the college's legal district will, with the college, determine its financial future.
Strategic Plan Goals
Glen Oaks Community College has adopted the following goals or initiatives within the Six Core Strategies to support its 5-Year Strategic Plan "Vision 2010":
Community Connectedness Initiative
Learner Success Initiative
- To develop a plan that enhances the success of current and future students from initial inquiry through completion of student goals.
- To create a Faculty and Staff Development Plan that Supports learner success.
- To develop academic program completion patterns for full time and part time learner.
Continuous Quality Improvement Initiative
- Identify and flowchart the systems and processes of the College.
- Develop and distribute a CQI Design (template).
- Create two teams to advance the College’s personnel in the knowledge and practices of CQI: a CQI Visiting Team (In-house volunteers) and a CQI News Team.
- Develop and implement an Employee CQI Training Plan.
- To provide the technical framework (current use assessment, future use needs, software/hardware updates and training) to improve communication between all aspects of the college, representative of current business and industry standards, including internal and external stakeholders, through such things as web applications, student e-mail and telecommunication technologies by 2008.
- To educate, develop and improve all members of the college community, internal (use of) and external (knowledge of), in the skills and knowledge necessary to access and make use of the college’s information resources by June 2008. Pre and post testing/surveying will be used to establish baselines and evaluate progress toward involving all stakeholders in skills and knowledge of information resources.
- To assess learning/instructional technology needs, provide education/training to instructional technology users, and distribute instructional technology throughout educational environments.
Employee Communication and Development Initiative
- To create and implement a comprehensive human resources plan by 12/31/07
- To create and implement by 12/31/07 an effective college wide communication system
Financial Future Initiative
- The college will develop and utilize an open and transparent budgeting process that includes an annual operational budget and a five year forecasted budget. Both the operational and longer term budgets will align resources with the college’s strategic goals.
- The college will optimally utilize its resources including facilities, personnel, and finances.
- The college will implement a development plan for the leadership team resulting in a combined effort from all departments of the college to develop new initiatives that generate additional revenue.
- The college will implement short and long term facilities plans that include preventative and corrective maintenance, space utilization, and current and future physical plant requirements, in alignment with the college’s stated strategic goals.
Areas of First Focus
The following goals were identified as the first areas of focus
for the implementation of the Strategic Plan:
- To develop a plan that enhances the success of current and future students from initial inquiry through completion of student goals
- To provide the technical framework (current use assessment, future use needs, software/hardware updates and training) to improve communication between all aspects of the college, representative of current business and industry standards, including internal and external stakeholders, through such things as web applications, student e-mail and telecommunication technologies.
- To create and implement an effective college wide communication system.
- To create and implement a comprehensive human resources plan.