"The more you put in, the more you get out." - Lisa, TRiO SSS Student
The purpose of GOCC’s TRiO Student Support Services program is to provide support to you throughout your college career. This means that SSS can only be successful with a full commitment from you. Being a member of the program does not require a huge time commitment, but the more time you put in, the more you will get out of the program. As an SSS participant, you would agree to:
- Meet with assigned SSS advisor for academic advising (course selection) each semester
- Let you SSS advisor know if you are struggling in a class or classes, so she can help you turn things around
- Try to attend TRiO events, activites, workshops, and trips as your schedule allows
- Stay connected with TRiO SSS and GOCC by checking the GO-zone and Viking email at least every two days
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Notify program staff of any plans to leave Glen Oaks to ensure a smooth transition
- Be a positive role model for students at GOCC and in the TRiO SSS program
The foundation of the TRiO Student Support Services Program rests on the ongoing contact between students and staff and the supportive relationship that results from that contact.
Contact the TRiO Student Support Services Program
Phone: (269) 294-4324
Located in Student Services
Funded by the US Department of Education
TRiO Student Support Services is federally funded at 83% by the U.S. Dept. of Education in the amount of $212,888 and 17% funded by Glen Oaks Community College for the 2013-2014 year.