Helpful Financial Aid Links
- MSFAA - a great place to start! Michigan Student Financial Aid Association, with links to many other helpful sites!
- College Answer advice for selecting, getting into, and paying for college
- College Board registration point and preperation information for SATs
- FastWeb an excellent free scholarship search engine.
- FinAid.org another fine source of information about financial aid
- Mapping Your Future information on various careers, preparing and paying for college, and managing your money
- Peterson's articles and tools to help you pick the right school
The "Hope Scholarship" tax credit helps make the first two years of college or vocational school universally available. Students can receive a 100% tax credit for the first $1,000 of tuition and required fees, and a 50% credit on the second $1,000. This credit is available for tuition, and required fees minus grants, scholarships, and other tax-free required assistance and will be available for payments made after December 31, 1997 for college enrollment that date.
This tax credit is targeted to adults who want to go back to school, change careers, take a course or two to upgrade their skills, and to college juniors, seniors, graduates, and professional degree students. This tax credit is available for tuition and required fees minus grants, scholarships and other tax-free educational assistance.
Managing Your Money