Outright Gift of Cash or Check
Such a gift is simple to make and immediately effective. All cash gifts qualify for a federal income tax deduction for donors who itemize on their tax return. In addition, they also qualify for a Michigan state income tax credit for Michigan residents.
One of the primary missions of the Glen Oaks Community College Foundation is to develop scholarship funds. Over the past six years the GOCC Foundation has doubled the number and amount of our scholarships. We will assist donors in sculpting a scholarship that reflects the donors intent and interest to assist and benefit students. Donors have significant input as to preferences and criteria related to student eligibility for their scholarship.
Scholarship Establishment Form
In Kind Gifts
While rare, In-Kind Gifts are considered for acceptance by the Board of Directors. Such gifts may also qualify for tax deductions and/or credits.
Gifts of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc., that have appreciated in value since their purchase continue to be an attractive gift vehicle for many donors. Such gifts can qualify for federal income tax deductions and can minimize a donor's capital gains tax liability.
Some individuals may wish to make a substantial commitment to Glen Oaks Community College but also wish to continue receiving income from their assets. The Glen Oaks Foundation can work with such donors to help them accomplish their objectives while helping this campaign.
Donors may desire to support a college program or activity utilizing a multi-year pledge. Donors who make multiple-year pledges will be sent pledge reminders monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually, depending on the wishes of the donor.
It is impossible to list every gift alternative or arrangement on this website. If a donor desires to propose a project, program, or activity, please contact the Glen Oaks Foundation at 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, Michigan 49032 or (269) 294-4284 or Toll Free 1-866-412-4567 for more information and assistance.
What Your Gift Will Mean...
- State-of-the-art technology and modern facilities at Glen Oaks Community College.
- Economic growth as Glen Oaks programs and enrollment grow.
- A larger pool of better trained workers available to employers.
- Increased productivity in the workplace due to a workforce trained in the latest technology.
- Expanded retraining opportunities for workers to stay competitive in the job market.
- New business and industry attracted by the improved workers.
- More open doors of opportunity and prosperity for a generation to come.
- The College will remain accessible, at an affordable tuition, for area students.
- The College will remain a bridge between secondary schools and four-year institutions.
Glen Oaks Community College is State assisted, not State supported.