Fellows Award Information
The Glen Oaks Community College Fellows Award is intended to provide a process for the Board of Trustees and College Community to recognize a community member and/or institution for outstanding service to and/or in support of GOCC.
- There will be a nomination process open to all community members to allow for the greatest engagement.
- A committee comprised of 1 GOCC Board of Trustees member, 2 College staff, and 2 community members will review the nominations based on the criteria and make a recommendation to the President and Board of Trustees annually. This committee will be convened by the President each Spring.
- The Fellows Award(s) will be presented annually at the GOCC Commencement Ceremony.
The Fellows Award will be based on the following criteria.
An individual or institution who has provided outstanding support of the college as evidenced by one or more of the following:
- Long term dedication and commitment to the College via a direct service on the Board of Trustees, Foundation Board, Advisory Committees, or other direct engagement.
- Extensive community level support for the College in such rolls as K-12 leadership and collaboration, higher education partners/leaders and collaborations, service organizations leadership and collaboration, business/industry leadership and collaboration, community foundation leadership and collaboration or governmental leadership and collaboration.
- Direct and continuing support of the college and students via contributions to the GOCC Foundation or college including donations of equipment, software and expertise.
- An individual who has provided long-term outward public support and/or direct service to the college. Former/retired employees may be considered as well as potentially awarded.