College Council, Leadership & Committees
For maintaining accreditation through the Higher Learning Commission, in 2000, Glen Oaks began an innovative process called the Academic Quality Improvement Project (AQIP). At an AQIP Strategic Forum in January 2005, Glen Oaks participants identified needs of the college, including the need for improved internal communication and the need for a revised strategic planning process. To address these needs, Glen Oaks has begun a new model for strategic planning, implementation, internal communication called the College Council.
The College Council is a representative body of the College whose purpose is to develop, align and integrate planning processes to facilitate positive change in the institution and to model continuous quality improvement (CQI) principles.
- Develop and provide oversight for the Strategic Plan
- Identify, prioritize, and coordinate specific strategies for implementation
- Create Core Strategy Teams
- Assess, coordinate, prioritize and adopt Core Strategies
- Monitor institutional effectiveness and quality improvement initiatives
- Serve as a communication and recommendation forum
Constitution of the College
Council of Glen Oaks Community College
Preamble: The College Council of Glen Oaks Community College exists to support the mission, vision and values of Glen Oaks Community College.
Article I - Purpose
The College Council of Glen Oaks Community College is a representative body of the college on behalf of faculty, staff and administration whose purpose is to develop, align and integrate planning processes to facilitate positive change in the institution and to model continuous quality improvement (CQI) principles with the following:
- Help develop and provide oversight for the Strategic Plan:
- Identify, prioritize and coordinate specific strategies for implementation,
- Provide direction for the creation of Core Strategy Committees, and
- Assess, coordinate, monitor, prioritize and adopt Core Strategy Committees.
- Monitor institutional effectiveness, accreditation and quality improvement initiatives.
- Serve as a communication and a recommendation body for the college and constituencies.
- Provide a forum for ideas and discussion without retribution.
Article II - Organization
Article III - Duties and Responsibilities
(Adopted September 7, 2012) (Revised September 12, 2014)
College Council Members
Leadership & Committees
Board of Trustees
Agribusiness Advisory Board
Automotive Technologies Advisory Board
Dr. David Devier
Business Advisory Board
Computer Aided Drafting & Design Advisory Board
Computer Networking/Coding Advisory Board
Criminal Justice Advisory Board
Graphic Design Advisory Board
Joey Ellen Hamilton
Health Advisory Board
Machine Tool Advisory Board
Medical Assisting Advisory Board
Kristy K. Davis
Technology Advisory Board
Welding Technologies Advisory Board
Glen Oaks Community College operates under a shared governance model. Committees are the operating system of our institution. Our committees involve members from all areas within the institution and support the development and implementation of new ideas, improvements to support student success and provide an avenue for problem-solving. Our committees help organize some of the most important work on our campus.
Below is a list of standing committees and the chair person for each committee. If you would like to learn more about these groups, see copies of the meeting minutes or make suggestions and recommendations for the groups to consider, please complete the Request Committee Information form.