THE TIME IS NOW
Glen Oaks Proposed Millage
Vision:Transform our campus to enhance the learning experience and enrich our community.
- Keep college affordable by expanding programs that allow high school students to earn college credits
- Strengthen workforce training and support local business and industry
- Strengthen on-campus safety and security
- Improve handicapped accessibility
- Save taxpayer dollars by improving energy efficiency
- Reduce costly emergency repairs
- Extend the useful life of existing facilities through infrastructure improvements
- Attract quality employers and well-paying jobs to St. Joseph County
- Update classrooms and laboratories to support instructional technology upgrades, promote collaboration and better prepare students for the workforce
- Enhance more than 35 associate and certificate degree programs
What will it take to complete the work?
|Nora Hagen Theatre||$150,000|
|Exterior Wall Insulation||$700,000|
|Exterior Panel Joints||$150,000|
|Informational Technology Systems||$500,000|
|Campus Roads, Parking Lots, & Landscaping||$900,000|
|Exterior Door Upgrades||$350,000|
|New Maintenance Facility||$750,000|
Increased skilled employees for local industries including:
- American Axle & Manufacturing Inc.
- Morgan Olson, LLC
- Armstrong International
- Sturgis Molded Products
- Vanpell Midwest Molding
- International Paper
- Burr Oak Tool Inc.
- Peterson Spring
- W.F. Wells Inc.
- Viking Recreational Vehicles
- Cargo King Manufacturing Inc.
- Forrest River Inc.
- Greenmark Equipment
- Burnips Equipment Co.
- Modernization of the 1969 instructional facility
- Contemporary technology laboratories for critically needed worker training
- Vastly improved campus safety and security
- Significant energy savings
- ADA Compliance
- Fully functional performance theatre
- Greatly improved campus infrastructure, roads, parking lots, lighting, and landscaping
|2018 – 2020||2020 – 2022|
|Concourse Renovation||Nora Hagen Theatre|
|Learning Commons||Art Studio/Classroom|
|Exterior Doors/Security||Exterior Wall Insulation|
|Window Replacement||Panel Wall Repairs|
|Technology Labs||Campus Upgrade/Repairs|
|IT Upgrade||New Maintenance Facility|