CODING SPECIALIST – PHYSICIAN BASED (CCS-P) GUIDED PATHWAY
1. for admission to the college.
2. Medical Coding Specialist—Physician Based (CCS-P) Program interest (by filling out application and returning to Carol Naccarato).
3. Compass (or other course placement determined by the college) basic math and English criteria:
a. ENG 063 – Reading for College or placement in BUS 111 – Contemporary Business/Technical Communications or higher on Compass test.
b. ENG 073 – Essentials for College Writing or placement in BUS 111 – Contemporary Business/Tech Communications or higher on Compass test.
c. Placement in MATH 055 – Basic Applied Math or higher on Compass test OR meet corresponding ACT/SAT scores.
4. student may enroll in appropriate remedial course/s to bring skill level up to criteria.
5. (minimum of a 2.5 GPA required – with no grade lower than 2.0)
a. ALH 218 – Medical Terminology
b. BIO 101 – Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology or BIO 210 & 211 – Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II
6. SUGGESTED COURSE ROTATION: (minimum of a 2.5 GPA required at all times – with no grade lower than 2.0)
a. ALH 250 – Medical Law & Bioethics
b. ALH 111 – Diagnostic Coding
c. BUS 111 – Contemporary Business/Technical Communications
a. ALH 210 – Procedural Coding
b. ALH 205 – Pharmacology for Allied Health
a. ALH 240 – Insurance Claims Processing
b. ALH 222 – Disease Conditions
(AN OVERALL GPA OF 2.5 MUST BE MET TO ENTER PRACTICUM – NO GRADE CAN BE LOWER THAN 2.0 – ALL PROGRAM INSTRUCTORS MUST RECOMMEND THE STUDENT FOR PRACTICUM PLACEMENT)
a. Complete practicum preparations
b. Complete ALH 280 – Coding Specialist—Physician Based Practicum
c. Complete suggested preparations and review for CCS-P or CCS exam (online)
d. Complete CC