Peer Tutors Needed:
The Learning Commons is always on the lookout for new and qualified tutors.
All tutors must have received a 3.5 or higher GPA in the class for which they tutor, or must be recommended by an instructor.
If you meet the above requirement, please fill out and submit our Tutor Application Form and contact The Learning Commons at (269) 294-4295.
If you are interested in receiving tutoring, fill out a Tutor Request Form.
A tutor will be assigned to you (either in- person or virtual), and you will be contacted with the time and date of the session.
Tutoring sessions can take place in the Learning Commons, in a mutually approved public meeting area (a restaurant, the GO Concourse, or similar open public space), or virtually.
Tutors are available by appointment or walk-in for some disciplines.
One on one virtual tutoring is available through Canvas via NetTutor.
- If you choose to utilize this service, you do not need to fill out the Tutor Request Form.
- Sign into your Canvas account.
- Select any of your available course shells.
- A NetTutor option will be available in the left hand navigation menu.
- Once you are in the NetTutor website, you may choose any course from the list of available disciplines.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are not able to offer our typical Accuplacer testing. The following are various ways for you to complete this step:
- Submit ACT/SAT scores
- Taken within the last 5 years
- Sending a PDF to Admissions.
- Your name must be visible on the document (cannot be handwritten).
- Submit your official high school transcript
- An unofficial transcript may be used if an official is not available
- Transcripts can be no more than five years old
- Transcripts can be sent via Parchment, emailed to Admissions from the high school or mailed.
- A determination will be made regarding course placement.
- If you do not meet the above requirements or are a Homeschool or GED student, you will need to complete the following:
- Take the online self-assessment for English
- Math assessment occurs via ALEKS.
- If you require an ALEKS assessment, an account will be created and information on accessing your account will be sent via your Glen Oaks email.
- The test may be repeated up to five times with computer guided study sessions in between as detailed in the invitation email.
- Advisors will let you know how to access these.
We provide proctoring services for both online and paper tests.
Testing is available for the following by appointment through the certifying body:
- Pearson VUE
- Nursing Certifications
- Allied Health Certifications