Dean of Academics
Part-Time, Contracted (EduStaff)
May 31, 2022
Glen Oaks Community College is an associate degree-granting institution of higher education which provides the opportunity for persons to attain their educational goals by offering programs that respond to individual, community, and global needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for instruction and facilitating student learning; committed to student recruitment, retention and success; assessment of learning, development of curriculum and use of instructional delivery modes utilizing both traditional and non-traditional methodology.
- Teach assigned course which may include day, night, and online courses, as well as at the main campus and extension centers. Classes are to meet on time for the full allotted time.
- Develop curriculum and use instructional delivery modes utilizing both traditional and nontraditional methodology.
- Establish and promote an effective learning environment that maximizes documented student learning.
- Prepare, submit and maintain reports related to student learning.
- Grading assignments in a meaningful way to promote continued student growth, returning graded assignments to students in a timely manner, and assigning final grades for all students, meeting or beating all institutional deadlines for completion.
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled and posted times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment.
- Encourage student opinion survey completion for each class and then review summary information available to assist with increasing student success.
- Maintain levels of professional knowledge and expertise, including compliance training.
- Participate in faculty committees, appropriate workshops and other activities, as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Active Certification as a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA), or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) with 3 years’ work experience with concentration in clinical skills and office administration. Can be an LPN or RN with experience in outpatient procedures such as EKG’s, injections, wound care, and minor office surgeries.
- Work experience in an ambulatory medical setting.
- Communication skills, both oral and written are required.
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Associate Degree or higher in an Allied Health field is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year teaching experience in the classroom of a community college.
- Experience with instructional technology and On-line teaching preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations representing a wide range of abilities, ages, nationalities and cultures.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts and three professional references to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com or attach to our online application. Position will remain posted until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.