Director of Admissions
March 2, 2021
The Admissions Representative is responsible for seeking out and recruiting prospective students to the college. This includes traveling to high schools and attending college fairs and other events to meet prospective student and build/maintain relationships with stakeholders. The Admissions Representative will also be responsible for supporting students through the enrollment process, responding to inquiries, leading campus tours and assisting with various campus events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate recruiting programs for prospective students at high schools, adult education centers, home school programs, and alternative education programs in St. Joseph County, Branch County, some Indiana regions, and other regions of Michigan.
- Respond to prospective student inquiries about college programs and services.
- Track communications with prospective students and applicants to prioritize recruitment efforts.
- Guide campus tours and student housing tours, as needed.
- Assist in planning, developing, and implementing on-campus or off-campus recruiting events. Target and recruit underserved and at-risk populations.
- Represent Glen Oaks at college fairs, job fairs, and career fairs.
- Assist in planning and executing various college events such as college fairs and K-12 outreach.
- Coordinate and execute new student orientations.
- Create presentations for prospective students and parents, highlighting the benefits of attending Glen Oaks.
- Assist the Director of Admissions with the Dual Enrollment program for St. Joseph County and service area high schools, which includes the coordination of the placement evaluation, academic advising, and pre-registration processes each spring and fall.
- May contact internal and external stakeholders to solicit ideas for recruitment and marketing.
- Track prospective students in Student Information System.
- Serve on committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP: As assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience in college admissions, sales, marketing, public relations, or related field
- Availability to travel and work some evenings and weekends as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing including text and email
- Effective presentation skills for both small and large audiences of diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Bilingual in English and Spanish desirable.
- Knowledge of student information systems such as Ellucian Colleague
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department, Glen Oaks Community College, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032, or e-mail to email@example.com. Position will remain open until March 14, 2021 or until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.