What Your Gift Will Mean...
Community Colleges change lives by making higher education available to everyone. Contributions to the Foundation benefit the entire community and its economy.
- Economic growth as Glen Oaks programs and enrollment grow.
- A larger pool of better trained workers available to employers.
- Increased productivity in the workplace due to a workforce trained in the latest technology.
- Expanded retraining opportunities for workers to stay competitive in the job market.
- New business and industry attracted by the improved workers.
- More open doors of opportunity and prosperity for a generation to come.
- The College will remain accessible, at an affordable tuition, for area students.
- The College will remain a bridge between secondary schools and four-year institutions.
Why Are Gifts Needed?
The State of Michigan provides less than 30 percent of the College’s operating budget. The College Board of Trustees is committed to providing accessible education to the residents of the County, and to holding tuition at an affordable rate.
Buy A Brick or Donate Directly
Consider purchasing an engraved brick paver. They are the perfect gift for anyone who loves GOCC. Your purchase will help support future GOCC students achieve their educational dreams and serve as your permanent legacy in Alumni & Friends Plaza.
Programs & Services
The following programs and services at Glen Oaks Community College have been wholly or partially funded by gifts from the GOCC Foundation:
- Scholarships, Awards, and Emergency Funds
- Learning Resource and Individualized Instruction Centers
- Furnishings and Equipment for the Business Development Center
- Speakers Program
- Visiting Artist Program
- Equipment for Fitness Center
- Equipment for Nursing, Automotive, Data Processing, Electronics, and Science Departments
- Capital Building Projects
GOCC Foundation was incorporated in 1979 as a not-for-profit 501 (c)(3) organization that supports the educational programs and services at the college. The Foundation raises and appropriates funds for various programs and activities which support the mission and objectives of GOCC.
The mission of the Glen Oaks Community College Foundation is to award scholarships and grants to students, faculty and staff members of Glen Oaks Community College, and to maintain and develop the facilities and services of Glen Oaks Community College for broader educational opportunities and services.
Board of Directors
Phyllis Youga, President
Marketing Director, Sturgis Hospital
John Dresser, Vice President
David H. Devier, Secretary/Treasurer
President, Glen Oaks Community College
Vonda Marrow, Foundation Director
Director, Glen Oaks Community College Foundation
Julie A. Andrews
Vice President Trust Officer, Century Bank
Staff Accountant, Burr Oak Tool
Vice President, Frederick Construction
Executive Director, Three Rivers Health Foundation
Dr. Bud Malinoski
Dentist, President of Malinoski & Associates
Dr. Philip G. Ward
Retired, former President Glen Oaks Community College
Superintendent, Burr Oak Community School
Retired, Director Government & Regulatory Affairs Spartan Stores
Financial Advisor, Edward Jones
Board of Trustee Liaison, Glen Oaks Community College
Executive Board Members
To Learn More:
Visit the GuideStar web site, www.guidestar.org. Just enter Glen Oaks Community College Foundation in the search field to view our non-profit organization and the work we do. Once there you will find publicized information shared completely and openly; updated frequently with our goals, accomplishments, needs, programs, mission and the most recent tax filing data. All completely free.