Dean of Academics and Extended Learning
October 15, 2019
Faculty are expected to facilitate student learning by designing varied and engaging learning environments, developing and revising course curricula, integrating new technologies, embracing a multicultural environment and participating in academic and college committees and meetings as deemed appropriate.
- Master’s Degree or higher in field, or a Master’s degree or higher out of area with at least 18 graduate credit hours in field
- Successful teaching experience at the college level in the content area
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ability/disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff
- Experience teaching corequisite remediation (ALP) English composition courses.
- Experience teaching college courses to dual-enrolled students.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, contact information for 3 professional references, and unofficial transcripts of all higher education degrees to: Glen Oaks Community College, Attn: Human Resources, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032; or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled, applications reviewed upon receipt.