Dean of Academics
Adjunct and Annual Faculty
October 15, 2019
- Develop and monitor the master schedule of offerings and yearlong schedule, subject to Dean final approval.
- Add full-time faculty section teaching requests to schedule drafts for Dean approval, and assign annual and part-time instructors to teach sections not selected by full-time faculty.
- Coordinate with K-12 partners to schedule, staff, and monitor on-site class offerings.
- Hire, onboard, mentor, supervise, and evaluate part-time (adjunct and annual) faculty.
- Organize and coordinate the adjunct faculty orientation.
- Assist with the development and revision of courses, programs, and Guided Pathways.
- Assist with maintaining, updating, and reviewing Academic materials in the catalog.
- Assist with faculty and staff student learning outcome assessment efforts at the course, program, co-curricular, and institutional/general education levels.
- Assist with program review processes, including the PROE process required for the Carl D. Perkins approved occupational programs.
- Participate in and/or chair committees such as Distance Learning Advisory Team, Higher Quality Teaching and Learning, or Program Review.
- Assist with gathering, compiling and disseminating statistical information about the activities of the academic department.
- Assist with work-based learning (internships, apprenticeships, etc.) and training classes.
- Work with the campus staff to appropriately research, direct, and address student questions, appeals, and other related matters.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining student groups.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor within the scope of this position.
- Master’s Degree required, Doctorate preferred.
- Experience in a post-secondary leadership position.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Doctorate Preferred.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for 3 professional references to: Glen Oaks Community College, Attn: Human Resources, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032; or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until October 30, 2019 or until filled.