October 22, 2019
- The assistant coach’s primary responsibility is to assist the head coach in whatever capacity that is reasonable and appropriate.
- The assistant coach will share responsibility, with the head coach, for the behavior of his/her athletes including but not limited to:
- as guests of an opponent(s)
- scheduled practice sessions
- general conduct on and off campus which is within the purview of the coach.
- The assistant coach will ensure that injuries are handled in accordance with the student athlete Insurance Agreement and the Policies and Procedures Manual of Glen Oaks Community College. All injuries are to be reported to the head coach and are to be reported on approved incidence report forms and submitted immediately to the Athletic Director’s office.
- The assistant coach will assist the head coach in the proper use, storage and maintenance of his/her team’s equipment.
- The assistant coach will help ensure that the locker room, weight room, equipment room, baseball/softball fields area, and gym is left in proper order following all practices and scrimmages.
- Each coach shall maintain the highest level of professionalism and coordinate, ensure compliance with, and follow all NJCAA and College rules, policies, and procedures.
- Each coach shall treat the student-athlete appropriately and not engage in berating, abusive, or humiliating behavior.
- Each coach shall report any ethical violations or concerns you may become aware of, either from or regarding students or employees.
- Each coach will support the academic, athletic, and personal development of the student-athlete.
- Coaches shall not interfere with the integrity of the academic process, but will monitor the academic progress of student-athletes.
- The assistant coach may be asked to drive to college sponsored events when either the bus or van is used to transport athletes.
- The assistant coach may be asked to recruit athletes for his/her sport following GOCC athletic department and NJCAA guidelines under the supervision of the head coach.
- Perform all other reasonable duties as assigned by the head coach and Athletic Director.
- Associate Degree from accredited institution
- Two or more years coaching experience in college, high school or club athletics
- Must be CPR/First Aid Certified or able to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no restrictions
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Prior college coaching experience preferred
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Glen Oaks Community College, Attn: Human Resources, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032; or via e-mail at email@example.com. Applications may also be faxed to (269)467-4114. Position open until filled.