Glen Oaks is excited to announce that Grace Muller is taking over the softball program as the new head coach replacing Tom Muckel. Muckel left the position in early October.

“We need to change the culture and the image of our softball program throughout our league. Tom did some great things for us and was a big help to many parts of the Glen Oaks community. I really want to flip this program around. We are in a talented area, we just need to capitalize on that talent and put all the pieces together. I hope to put together a program with a different attitude and look,” said Glen Oaks athletic director Courtney Ivan.

From 2009-2016 the Vikings have totaled only 18 wins during those 7 seasons with its most successful season being in 2010-2011 going just a mere 10-27. However, Glen Oaks went just 4-98 over the past three seasons. Ivan thinks that Muller may hold the key to turn the program around. “Grace brings a wealth of knowledge, experience, and energy to our program. I feel confident she will help change the image and culture of the program.”

Grace Muller is entering her first year at Glen Oaks after spending time as an assistant coach at division I Cleveland State University in Cleveland, Ohio and division II Ursuline College in Pepper Pike, Ohio. During her time at Cleveland State she coached the player of the year in the Horizon League. Prior to her coaching, Muller attended Concordia University-Ann Arbor where she was a four year starter and graduated with a bachelors in Psychology and Family Life with a concentration in Social Services. Coach Muller currently resides in Three Rivers, Michigan.

The Vikings will take open their 2017 campaign participating in “THE Spring Games” in in Clermont, Florida in early March.

Grace Muller had this to say about the position, “I am really excited about this opportunity. We have some work to do but I’m confident we’ll make progress and put a mark on the league.”

Head Coach Grace Muller

Head Coach Grace Muller