Bernice L. Strang created this Fund by donating property on Lake Templene to be sold to establish the BERNICE L. STRANG MEMORIAL FUND FOR HAROLD G. GRADWELL, LEE W. TROUTFETTER AND DEFORREST STRANG.
This Scholarship Fund will be available to students in the Human Services area of study. Examples of these areas include but are not limited to: Education, EMT, EMS, Early Childhood Development, Insurance Biller, Medical Office Assistant, and Social Work. Students in future planned programs shall be eligible provided the program is considered Human Services.
- Students enrolled in a Human Services program of study
- Students must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more)
GOCC Service Area
- Academic ability, financial circumstances and career goals will be taken in consideration in selecting the recipients.
- The recipients of the BERNICE L. STRANG MEMORIAL FUND FOR HAROLD G. GRADWELL, LEE W. TROUTFETTER AND DEFORREST STRANG scholarship will be expected to maintain a semester GPA of at least 2.5 while receiving the scholarship.
- Students will be selected by the scholarship committee based upon the above criteria.
- The scholarship may be applied to all education related expenses.
- There shall be no limit on the number or amount of said scholarships provided the principal is not utilized.
- Must reapply
The Office of Financial Aid will disburse the scholarship according to the standard school policy.
If, at any time, the College Foundation policies and procedures in effect for the administration of award and scholarship funds are changed, these provisions are automatically modified to conform.
Whenever it appears that changing conditions make this plan no longer applicable, practical, or suited to the general purposes stated above, the College Foundation would confer with the donor or their representative to secure a modification of the plan. If the Foundation is unable to locate the donor or their representative after reasonable efforts, then the Foundation is authorized to utilize the fund for any other suitable educational purpose, so that the fund will provide the maximum service to the community through the advancement of higher education.