GLEN OAKS TODAY – FEBRUARY, 2014
Meet Dr. David Devier – Glen Oaks eighth President
Glen Oaks Community College welcomes Dr. David Devier as the College’s eighth president who took office in mid-January.
A native of Ada, Ohio, Devier is in his 38th year in education. He comes to Glen Oaks after having served as vice president of academic and student affairs at Clark State Community College, Springfield, Ohio. He also held positions in higher education at the University of Cincinnati Clermont College, Batavia, Ohio; Owens State Community College, Toledo, OH; and Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio.
“I am truly excited to join the Glen Oaks Community College family,” said Devier. “I believe that Glen Oaks is the right fit for me and I appreciate the support the board of trustees, faculty, staff and community have extended to me as I begin my service with the college.”
Devier holds a Bachelor of Art from Ohio Northern University, a Master of Art from Kent State University, and a Ph.D. from The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio.
Glen Oaks to host Expo ’14 – A day to discover and experience your community college
Glen Oaks Community College will host Expo ’14, an event where the community is invited to visit the campus, meet and talk with the faculty and experience the College through hands-on activities. The event will be held on Sat., March 8, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
More than just an open house … Expo ’14 is where the faculty will be showcasing their areas. Participants can critique the latest Super Bowl ads with the Business Department, meet Meti-Man, the state-of-the-art nursing simulation mannequin, test their reaction times in the Allied Health labs or visit the Art Department and re-create the Mona Lisa.
Guided tours of campus will take place throughout the event. Most labs will be open and faculty and students will be performing demonstrations. Representatives will be on hand to answer questions about programs, admissions, financial aid, dual enrollment and student support services.
The event is free and open to the public. The Music Club will entertain guests and food and refreshments will be provided.
- Mike Doe has been elected as president of the Glen Oaks Foundation. He is vice president of sales and public relations at LTI Printing in Sturgis. He is a graduate of Northwood University and a lifelong resident of Sturgis.
- Glen Oaks is the training provider for Vaupell Midwest Molding and Tooling, of Constantine, Mich., as part of a $30,000 training grant, where 30 employees at the facility are being trained in advanced molding processes and Six Sigma Black Belt. Total training hours will be 1200.
- Thurs. Apr. 24 – JOB FAIR – GOCC Gymnasium. Hosted by Glen Oaks, in conjunction with Michigan Works! and St. Joseph County Department of Human Services, the event will feature employers hiring for open positions.
- May 2 – Glen Oaks Community College Graduation Ceremony
- May 3 – Glen Oaks Nursing and Allied Health Pinning Ceremonies
Upcoming Continuing Education Courses
- Mar. 3 Cards, Creativity & Chocolate, 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- Mar. 31 Watercolors for Beginners, 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- Apr. 29 Watercolor & Collage, 5:30 to 8 p.m. (Second night is on May 6 – same time)
- May 12 Cards, Creativity & Chocolate (Intermediate), 7 to 8:30 p.m.
To sign up for CE classes, please contact Amy Young via our Contact Form or
call (269) 294-4308.
To see the pdf of this publication, Click Here.