Nelnet (FACTS) Enrollment Instructions
To help you meet your education expenses, Glen Oaks Community College is pleased to offer Nelnet (FACTS) as a convenient budget plan. It is not a loan; therefore you have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges assessed and there is no credit check.
Please be advised that effective April 2017, all credit cards and debit cards used will be assessed a 2.75% service fee. This applies to payments made on campus and through the Nelnet (FACTS) Payment Plans.
- After registering for classes, students must either pay their balance in full or enroll in a payment plan within 48 hours in order to hold their classes.
- Financial aid students must have a completed award package on file with GOCC in order to qualify for the Pending Aid Payment Plan.
- If financial aid paperwork is not complete, students will be directed to enroll in the regular monthly payment plan and will be responsible for all payments due.
Nelnet (FACTS) Costs and Fees
- Regular monthly payment plans – $25.00 per semester non-refundable enrollment fee deducted immediately upon agreement activation.
- Pending Aid Payment Plan – $25.00 per semester non-refundable enrollment fee deducted ONLY if the payment plan is activated.
- Insufficient payment fee – $30.00 for each returned payment automatically deducted by Nelnet (FACTS) within 24 hours of each missed payment.
- There are no fees to pay your balance in full unless you use a credit card or debit card. Credit card or debit card payments will be assessed a 2.75% service fee. This fee also applies if payment is made to the College Cashier on the GOCC campus.
Timing of payments
- Regular monthly payment plans are automatically deducted on the 5th of the month from a checking account, savings account or credit card.
- If your payment on the 5th is not successful, it will be reattempted on the 20th of the same month. If that payment is not successful, it will be reattempted with the next scheduled payment on the 5th of the next month. All fees incurred by the student relating to any insufficient payments are the account holder’s responsibility.
- Pending Aid Payments are automatically deducted on the 20th of the month from a checking account, savings account or credit card.
- Additional Payments are accepted in the Cashier’s Office, and by logging into your Nelnet (FACTS) account, at any time to reduce any balance due. This will result in lower monthly payments when your payment plan is activated.
- It is highly recommended that all unscheduled payments be made online through your Nelnet (FACTS) account. If you are enrolled in a Pending Aid Payment Plan, please be advised that making an unscheduled payment online will active your Pending Aid Payment Plan. To avoid a $25 activation fee, you must make your payment to the College Cashier.
Completing the Nelnet (FACTS) Agreement
Enrolling online is simple, secure and easy. Please remember, full payments and down payments are taken immediately. You may complete the online application using your cell phone, tablet, home computer, one of the labs at the college, or any computer with internet access.
- Enroll using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express) Please be advised that effective April 2017, a 2.75% service fee will be assessed on all credit card and debit card transactions.