VP of Student Services
Student Employees, Executive Assistant, Admissions Representative
June 8, 2021
The Director of Admissions is responsible for the College recruitment efforts, new student enrollment procedures and assisting with other program initiatives targeted at recruiting students. The Director of Admissions assists in the design and production of recruitment and admissions materials. The director handles all high school enrollment initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Admissions:
- Responsible for the recruitment of students at all county and service area public and private high schools (including alternative schools, adult education programs, and home school consortiums).
- Supervises Admissions Representative, Executive Assistant, and Student Employees.
- Coordinates the Student Ambassador Scholarship Program by selecting recipients, training student ambassadors, and tracking criteria for scholarship renewal.
- Responds to, or assists with the response to, all inquiries about college programs and services by prospective students.
- Monitors the software system that assists with communication and tracking of prospective students and applicants.
- Organizes Dual Enrollment, which includes working with high school counselors on identification of students, coordination of the course placement evaluation, counseling/advising services, orientations, and registration.
- Coordinates the annual St. Joseph County College Day.
- Coordinates campus and community recruitment functions.
- Generates new ideas for marketing/recruiting literature and maintains Admissions web page information. Provides feedback concerning the effectiveness of literature and advertising.
- Attends select college nights, job and career fairs, and high school career presentations.
Assist with the hiring, supervision and evaluation of the Executive Assistant, Admissions Representative, and student employees.
- Organizes individual or group visitations or assists others with visitation arrangements at all public and private high schools in St. Joseph County and the college’s service area, adult education programs, home school programs, and alternative education programs.
- Conducts research and provides reporting data on recruiting efforts.
- Creates reports for students in dual enrollment, Early/Middle College, and CTE programs. Provides periodic copies of reports to high school liaisons.
- Conducts New Student Orientations.
- Coordinates campus tours for individuals and groups.
- Coordinates follow-up on prospective student inquiries (web, phone, e-mail, etc.) with appropriate information directed to the student and/or their parents.
- Represents Glen Oaks at various college nights, community events, and Career Fairs, etc.
- Assists with the advising of high school guest students and high school dual-enrolled students on course and program selection.
- Helps develop, implement, and maintain new admissions and related modules in Datatel Colleague.
- Assists the Web Administrator and the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing in the design of recruitment and admissions information.
- Assists faculty and coaches with recruiting activities for athletics and other Glen Oaks scholarship-related programs.
- Host counselor informational breakfasts.
- Assists with the development of the Enrollment Management Plan for the College.
- Develops a recruitment plan for Admissions.
- Manages department budget.
- Attends County Counselor Academy meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
As assigned by Supervisor.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in education, business or related field.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point.
- Ability to readily learn new computer applications.
- Skilled in public speaking.
- Travel, evening and weekend work required.
- Master’s degree preferred (or working towards a Master’s that will be completed in the near future.)
- Prior experience in management, preferably in higher education. Knowledge of enrollment management principles and software. Budget management, project management, teaching and/or marketing experience.
- Experience with Colleague or other similar student information system.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department, Glen Oaks Community College, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032, or e-mail to email@example.com. Position will remain open until June 22, 2021 or until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.