Full-Time (40 hours/week) GOSSE
March 4, 2020
Employees in this position participate in a variety of custodial tasks using basic skills, knowledge, practices and tools of the custodial service. The employee is required to work from uniform methods and standards and oral and written instructions, select required cleaning compounds, materials and equipment, participate in the cleaning of all buildings and furniture and perform related custodial tasks according to prescribed methods and procedures of the service. Examples performed by this position include:
- Reads and follows directions on chemical containers, understand general cleaning, disinfecting, floor finishing and basic chemicals.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, mirrors, and fixtures using both step and extension ladders as required.
- Scrubs, strips, sanitizes, waxes and buffs floors using powered machines equipped with rotating brushes.
- Sweeps, vacuums and dust mops floors and stairways.
- Dusts such items as blinds, furniture, file cabinets, and windowsills using cloths or various hand-cleaning items.
- Polishes furniture, metal work and chrome using appropriate cleaning and polishing compounds.
- Cleans and services restrooms.
- Gathers and disposes of rubbish and waste materials by hand or with the use of powered equipment.
- Locks and unlock premises.
- Other duties within the scope of this position as assigned by their supervisor.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- Be able to handle 24” – 60” dust mops and 24oz wet mops
- Must have general knowledge of operating cleaning machines
- Physical characteristics to perform duties
- Should be an observant self-motivator in order to look for and take care of special problems
- Previous related work experience
To apply, send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three professional references to: Glen Oaks Community College, Attn: Human Resources, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032; or via e-mail at email@example.com. Applications may also be faxed to (269)467-4114. Position will remain open until March 11, 2020 or until filled.