Using this catalog successfully means understanding how it’s supposed to serve you.
Course Descriptions are written as follows:
- All courses within a particular discipline are grouped (i.e.: Accounting courses).
- The title line includes a 3 or 4 letter prefix (i.e.: ACCT ), plus a 3-4 digit number indicating the level of the course (i.e.: 100 or 200 level), plus the course name, then the credit hours and contact hours*.
- After the title line is the body or course description, the narrative describing course content.
- Finally, after the course description is italicized type giving the prerequisite(s) for the course.
If there is a prerequisite, it is listed; if one is not listed, there is none.
* A credit hour equals one hour/week in class for 15 weeks; a contact hour equals the time instructors spend in the classroom (used to calculate tuition/fees).
Index to Course Descriptions
Click on one of the below sections to view the available courses in that area.