This position is designed to provide support to the network technician in maintaining and upgrading computers campus wide. This is a technical position working with hardware, software, and network administration. Examples performed by this position include:
- Clean and maintain the computer labs.
- Keep computer labs stocked with paper and change printer cartridges.
- Assist with the installation of software.
- Assist in software conversion.
- Assist the network engineer with simple network administration tasks.
- Troubleshoot PC and printer problems.
- Replace defective PC and printer components with the network technician’s supervision.
- Work with the website administrator as needed.
- Miscellaneous data entry.
- Other duties within the scope of this position as assigned by their supervisor.
- High school diploma/GED
- Knowledge and skills in operation of current Windows and Microsoft software products.
- Entry-level PC repair.
- Demonstrated keyboarding ability.
- Demonstrated web development ability.
- Associate Degree in related field.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Glen Oaks Community College, Attn: Human Resources, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032; or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. Friday, February 22, 2019 or until filled.