VP of Academics
July 22, 2021
This is a part-time high school teaching position to develop and teach a morning Career and Technical Education (CTE) Manufacturing class at Three Rivers High School. The Manufacturing program is a one- or two-year program that provides a strong foundation in the Manufacturing industry. The instructor will work with local industry partners to develop and deliver instruction where students become acquainted with the fundamentals of manufacturing practices. The program also provides students with successful pathways to apprenticeships, college, and careers. Through an engaging, hands-on curriculum, the manufacturing program will encourage the development of problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and creative & innovative reasoning. Students will be eligible to obtain certifications, internships, and college dual enrollment credit through this class.
- Provide rigorous and relevant instruction through hands-on curriculum in the content area and general work-place readiness. The curriculum will be approved by the Advisory Committee and will meet CTE and college dual enrollment objectives and outcomes.
- Integrate soft-skill instruction into competency-based content area activities.
- Work with CTE career coordinators to support students in industry exploration activities, employability, and after high school planning.
- Collaborate with Consortium schools (counselors, administrators, etc.) and CTE office personnel to provide daily attendance and grades electronically, identify failing students, develop remediation plans, etc.
- Complete required reporting to the MDE Office of Career & Technical Education (OCTE) and the CTE Consortium.
- Regularly attend CTE update meetings and professional development workshops set by the CTE Consortium office.
- Must meet minimum requirements for an Annual Career Authorization – 4,000 hours of industry related experience (2 years) – and to teach college dual enrollment credit course(s).
- Industry and/or teaching certification, teaching experience
- Excellent planning, organization, written and verbal communication skills
- High-level problem solving skills
- Knowledge and skilled in computer use
- Team and detail oriented
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department, Glen Oaks Community College, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until July 23, 2021, or until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.