Policies & Handbooks
Policies & Handbooks
GOCC Student Handbook
For a complete listing of college and student policies, please view the current college catalog.
- Students, staff, and visitors are all expected to park in the lot west of the building.
Contact the Human Resources Coordinator for a handicapped permit. A doctor’s statement is required.
- Neither smoking nor tobacco in any form is allowed on campus including corridors, entryways, offices, classrooms, or the concourse.
No smoking is allowed in parking lots; however, persons may smoke inside their vehicles within the parking lot.
- Student ID cards may be obtained in Student Services. The first card is free. Replacement cards are $5.00, payable to the College Cashier.
- Students are expected to dress appropriately and in keeping with the adult community of which the college student is a part. The college reserves the right to make specific recommendations.
Glen Oaks Community College, in compliance with Section 504 of the 1973 Vocational Rehabilitation Act, the 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act and the 2009 Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended, is committed to making all of its programs and activities accessible to individuals with disabilities. Students with documented disabilities may receive advocacy services, coordination with other agencies, the use of auxiliary aids, and reasonable accommodations through the Support Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) office in the Student Services Office at Glen Oaks.
- Distance Learning courses meet the needs of learners who cannot, or prefer not, to attend traditionally-scheduled courses and programs. Distance Learning courses are delivered in an online format. Students can access their courses anytime and anywhere they have internet access using various technologies to meet course requirements.
- If you are looking for a specific course and can’t find it at Glen Oaks, GOCC students can check out Michigan Colleges Online (MCO) for a listing of over 1000 courses offered by Michigan community colleges.
- Need internet access? The Learning Commons have computer labs available for student use.
- For more information about the college’s Distance Learning courses or classes available through MOC, contact the Distance Learning Office at 269-294-4306 or visit the Distance Learning section of the website.
- Canvas is the learning platform we use for Distance Learning classes. Canvas is linked to your WebAdvisor account, so please make sure you have access to your WebAdvisor account before attempting to sign into Canvas.
- Your Viking email is can be accessed from anywhere via the Gmail email service. Just provide your Viking email credentials to get logged in.
- Etrieve is our fully browser-based document management solution. It allows us to store and organize student’s documents in a single content repository. This is where you will come to fill out almost every required form at GOCC.
- The myGOCC app is slated to replace WebAdvisor in the next few years. You can view your latest statement, make a payment online, access financial aid data, view your grades, search for courses, plan your terms, and even schedule and register your course sections. Employees of Glen Oaks will also be able to use this system to view tax information and earning statements.
- To help you meet your education expenses, Glen Oaks Community College is pleased to offer Nelnet (FACTS) as a convenient budget plan. It is not a loan; therefore you have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges assessed and there is no credit check.
- You can do most everything through WebAdvisor that you can do from myGOCC but this platform will eventually be completely replaced by the myGOCC service. This is where you will want to come if you have forgotten your password and need to reset it or you are an employee and need to submit your time sheet.
- The college partners with Covered Bridge Healthcare of St. Joseph County to provide mental health counseling to students. A counselor is available on Wednesdays from 12:00-2:00 p.m. in the Student Services Office. Covered Bridge Healthcare serves insured, under-insured, and non-insured patients, and staff specialize in both physical and behavioral treatments. Students may schedule a counseling appointment with any Student Services Staff member.
Nursing & Allied Health
Please visit the Student Services Office to inquire about any other Glen Oaks policies not listed here.