8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
8:15 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Closed – Saturday & Sunday
Glen Oaks operates on a semester basis, with two 15-week semesters (fall and winter) and a summer session in which courses start and finish at various times.
An application for graduation must be filed by each student for each degree or certificate he or she wishes to receive from Glen Oaks Community College.
- Determine if you are within 9 credits of completing (including classes you’re currently enrolled in). Check your program of study at the beginning of your last semester. If you plan to complete in the spring/summer term, make application in the winter term (starting with the previous January). There are advisors in Student Services available to help.
- Complete the Application for Graduation form located in the Graduation Overview section in your myGOCC account.
- Your credits will be evaluated by the Registrar to determine if all requirements have been met to complete your degree and/or certificate. Note: see “Catalog Affecting Credits and Graduation”.
- You will receive an email from the Registrar indicating that you qualify for your certificate or degree or listing the credits or courses you still need to complete.
- You only need to apply one time for a particular degree or certificate. If you do not meet the requirements the semester you apply, notify the Registration/Records Office again at the beginning of the semester you intend to complete to re-activate your application.
- Graduation exercises are held once a year at the end of the winter semester for all candidates.
- Diplomas will be sent by mail to students satisfying all requirements.
The Michigan Transfer Agreement is designed to facilitate transfer from one institution to another. One of the guiding principles of the agreement is to promote transparency among institutions and ensure accurate transfer information for students. The thirty credit hours of lower-level general education from the sending institution will be accepted as a block of 30 credit hours by the receiving institution. Students may complete the Michigan Transfer Agreement as part of an associate degree or as a stand-alone package.
Any student who officially drops a course or courses during the registration period and during the first 10 percent of the academic period may, upon application, receive a full refund of 100% for the tuition and fees. No refunds of tuition and fees will be made for withdrawals after the first 10 percent of the academic period.
Tuition and Fee Refund:
|Registration Period & 10 percent Academic Period||100%|
Students who registered for a course that is cancelled by the college will be refunded all tuition and fees relative to the cancelled course.
How do I request a copy of my transcript?
Glen Oaks Community College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
- To order an official transcript(s), please visit the National Student Clearinghouse website.
- The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. A processing fee will be charged per recipient.
- Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also track your order online.