Dean of Academics
Vice President of Academics
Adjunct and Annual Faculty
Sept. 17, 2021
The Dean of Academics is responsible for leadership, human resource development, and for administration within the Academic division, in cooperation with the Vice President of Academics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and monitor the master schedule of offerings and yearlong schedule, subject to VPA/CAO final approval.
- Add full-time faculty section teaching requests to schedule drafts for VPA/CAO approval, and assign annual and part-time instructors to teach sections not selected by full-time faculty.
- Coordinate with K-12 partners to schedule, staff, and monitor on-site class offerings.
- Hire, onboard, mentor, supervise, and evaluate part-time (adjunct and annual) faculty.
- Organize and coordinate the adjunct faculty orientation.
- Assist with the development and revision of courses, programs, and Guided Pathways.
- Assist with developing partnerships with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, and business/industry and community organizations.
- Assist with maintaining, updating, and reviewing Academic materials in the catalog.
- Assist with faculty and staff student learning outcome assessment efforts at the course, program, co-curricular, and institutional/general education levels.
- Assist with the Carl D. Perkins Local and Local Leadership grants, including the PROE process for State-approved occupational programs.
- Participate in and/or chair committees such as Distance Learning Advisory Team, Higher Quality Teaching and Learning, or Program Review.
- Assist with gathering, compiling and disseminating statistical information about the activities of the academic department.
- Assist with work-based learning (internships, apprenticeships, etc.) and training classes.
- Work with the campus staff to appropriately research, direct, and address student questions, appeals, and other related matters.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining student groups.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor within the scope of this position.
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP: As assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s Degree required, Doctorate preferred.
- Experience in a post-secondary leadership position.
- Excellent communication skills, orally and in writing.
- Exceptional organizational Skills.
- Doctoral degree.
- Experience as a department chair or academic dean/associate dean.
- Experience as a faculty member, adjunct instructor, or staff member at a community college.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department, Glen Oaks Community College, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also apply online. Position open until October 1, 2021 or until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.