Director of Allied Health
Associate Dean of Health Sciences
Adjunct and Annual Faculty in Allied Health
October 1, 2021
The Director of Allied Health is responsible for the organization, administration, periodic review, planning, policy development, fiscal management, evaluation, and general effectiveness of all Allied Health programs, and specifically the Medical Assistant program, within the Nursing division in
cooperation with the Associate Dean of Health Sciences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead curriculum development and revision for all Allied Health programs.
- Develop a yearlong schedule of Allied Health courses, ensure all sections are staffed.
- Recruit and advise students, resolve student concerns, maintain student files.
- Develop and revise documents and policies/procedures for Allied Health programs.
- In collaboration with the Associate Dean of Health Sciences, create and oversee budgets.
- Evaluate Allied Health program outcomes and program effectiveness.
- Assist with student learning outcome assessment efforts in Allied Health at the course, program, co-curricular, and institutional/general education levels.
- Maintain programmatic accreditation for the Medical Assistant program and/or other future programs.
- Hire, supervise, mentor and evaluate faculty (including adjunct clinical instructors, part-time faculty and clinical coordinators).
- Develop/maintain affiliations with clinical agencies (serve as liaison, schedule, evaluate, ensure compliance with accreditation standards) and supervise clinical instructors.
- Coordinate work-based learning components (practicums) of Allied Health programs.
- Assist with developing partnerships for sending and receiving institutions and programs at K-12 schools, colleges, and universities.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders of Allied Health programs, promote public relations for GOCC and Allied Health programs through community involvement.
- Maintain required training, licensure and/or certification.
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to applicable privacy laws.
- Demonstrate sensitivity, understanding and respect of diverse populations.
- Assist with the Carl D. Perkins Local grant work related to Allied Health programs, including the PROE process for State-approved occupational programs.
- As needed, teach up to 15 contact hours of Allied Health courses per year, with any teaching assignments determined annually in collaboration with the Dean of Health Sciences.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor within the scope of this position.
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP: As assigned by supervisor.
- An Associate degree in any discipline.
- An equivalent of three years full-time Medical Assisting clinical experience, and a minimum of 1 year teaching experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Required to hold and maintain 1 of the following credentials: CMA (AAMA), RMA (AMT), NCMA (NCCT), CCMA (NHA) or CMAC (AMCA).
- Excellent communication skills, orally and in writing.
- Exceptional organizational Skills.
- Knowledge in curriculum design, program administration, evaluation, and instruction, education methods, administration, and current accreditation and certification procedures.
- Ability to independently analyze and make recommendations regarding programs, procedures, and operations with regard to areas of responsibility.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team-based environment.
- Working skill in the use of databases, spreadsheet applications, and word processing.
- Experience as a faculty member, adjunct instructor, or staff member at an institution of higher education, especially a community college.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department, Glen Oaks Community College, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or attach to our online application. Position open until October 14, 2021 or until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.