Vice President of Finance and Administration
Fitness Center Staff, Athletic Coaches
May 17, 2022
The Fitness and Wellness Center/Athletic Director, under the supervision of the VP of Finance and Administration, will be responsible for the management of the Fitness and Wellness Center as well as the planning, coordination, and oversight of all college athletic programs. The Director will maintain the integrity of the college athletic programs by ensuring compliance with all applicable NJCAA regulations, as well as all applicable state and federal laws. The Director will work collaboratively within the college community to support the personal and academic development of our student athletes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Control the budget for the athletic programs and fitness and wellness center, recommend budgets for all sports, assist in establishing fees for the fitness center, prioritize equipment purchases, initially approve all expenditures and keep ongoing budget records.
- Directs and supervises the college wellness services, plans activities, and develops appropriate programs and services to meet the wellness needs of the college community.
- Supervise Executive Assistant to the Athletic Director, fitness center staff, athletic activities, and coaching staff, schedule all intercollegiate athletic events, and schedule the use of athletic facilities for practices and contests.
- Recommend candidates for coaching and fitness center positions following all HR search processes.
- Ensure National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and Michigan Community College Athletic Association (MCCAA) requirements are met.
- Screen all athletic scholarship recommendations from the coaching staff.
- Evaluate athletic programs, Executive Assistant to the Athletic Director, coaches, and fitness center staff and share results with the VP of Finance and Administration.
- Develop and participate in public relations activity via news releases to local media, speaking at community interest groups and internal communications regarding athletic events and outcomes.
- Represent the College in all MCCAA and NJCAA communications and meetings.
- Oversee sports camps in concert with coach(es).
- Ensure compliance with all college policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and oversee athletic fundraising activities with the GOCC Foundation Executive Director.
- Maintain records on all sports, activities, and participants.
- Attend all home sporting events, or appoint designee on an as needed basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VP of Finance and Administration.
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP: As assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in sports management and administration.
- Experience as an athletic coach and/or athletic director; preferably in the higher education setting.
- Experience with wellness programming and development preferred.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or attach to our online application. Position will remain posted until May 31, 2022 or until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.