VP of Student Services
Assistant Director of Housing/Housing Staff
Sept. 14, 2021
The Director of Housing Operations and Residential Life oversees all administrative and operational functions of the Devier Student Suites, the college’s 106 bed residence hall. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, fiscal oversight, leasing and marketing, programming and student development, enforcement of policies, and supervision of employees. These responsibilities require a combination of managerial and interpersonal skills aimed at supporting the housing staff and residents while running a fiscally efficient operation. The Director of Housing Operations and Residential Life must work collaboratively with campus departments and community partners. The Director will participate in an on-call rotation for emergency response and must reside within 30 minutes of campus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate housing staff.
- Implement goals and priorities that align with the college’s mission and Strategic Plan.
- Maintain operational functions, including but not limited to key distribution and collection, damage assessment, reporting, purchasing, maintenance requests, hall openings and closings, and duty-rotation schedules.
- Guide the development and execution of residential life curriculum and student programming within the residential community.
- Serve as a conduct officer, track violations of the housing handbook, and maintain records.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of students with varying abilities and diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing for publications, marketing, and recruitment materials. Update web site information pertaining to housing.
- Provide fiscal oversight by managing the operating and capital budgets which includes development of annual budget proposals.
- Manage annual “turn” of units between contracts including communication with vendors, housing and contract maintenance staff, and walking units for final preparation prior to student move in.
- Participate in recruitment events and New Student Orientations to market the residential community.
- Manage housing preparation for summer camps, conferences, internships, and programs, etc.
- Assist with the operation of the Campus Cupboard, the college’s food pantry.
- Provide weekly status reports to the Vice President of Student Services.
- Require a regular work day with additional responsibilities in the evenings, on weekends and on college break days as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor within the scope of this position.
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP: As assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in college student personnel, higher education administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of three years of relevant professional experience.
- Applied understanding of student development theory.
- Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of risk management and crisis response related to student housing.
- Experience with Datatel Colleague or other student information systems.
- Experience with Maxient or other student conduct software.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department, Glen Oaks Community College, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032, or e-mail to email@example.com. Position open until September 28, 2021 or until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.