Dean of Finance and Administrative Services
All IT Staff
October 15, 2019
The IT director is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions at the college. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements, as well as, the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
- Analyze business needs presented by the user community and work with IT staff to recommend technical solutions.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Assist in producing detailed time lines for each application release/update and implement effective project control by monitoring the progress of the release/update.
- Direct and prioritize the work load of IT personnel.
- Assist in developing reliable metrics for hardware, software and storage while ensuring strategic capacity planning.
- Participate in the approval of all software and hardware acquisitions/updates.
- Direct and support implementation of software and hardware upgrades.
- Assist in identifying security vulnerabilities and developing strategic solutions to eliminate them and increase data safety.
- Oversee the operation of server systems.
- Oversee the College’s IT help desk.
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Suggest education/training programs for the IT staff.
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions that the College can implement within the various departments.
- Perform liaison duties between users and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
- The IT Director will maintain any current duties they have within the College.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Minimum (4) years of experience within information technology.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Microsoft Windows certificates.
- Experience working with Ellucian, or related data system.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Glen Oaks Community College, Attn: Human Resources, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032; or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until October 30, 2019 or until filled.