Dean of Academics and Extended Learning
GOSSE Level II, Part-Time (10-15 hours per week, up to 20 during peak times)
March 7, 2019
Employees in this position, performing a full range of clerical duties, function as the office coordinator working with students, faculty, college administrators, and distance learners. They participate in and supervise the performance of a variety of clerical tasks, perform secretarial tasks, and participate in office coordination activities through application of a body of knowledge related to instructions (procedures, practices, manuals or other specified instructions), guidelines (policies, rules, regulations or laws), and office equipment (computer, fax, photo-copier, camera). Examples performed by this position include:
- In coordination with the Dean of Academics and Extended Learning/Faculty Assistant, provide Distance Learning Center support to faculty and students on-line, in-person, and via phone.
- Available to work independently evenings and Saturdays with minimal supervision, as necessary.
- Assist in data entry/reporting of goals, assessment, and program review information to enhance overall operations of the Distance Learning Center.
- Plan, organize, and participate in professional development meetings for the Distance Learning Center, including the annual Distance Learning Best Practices Luncheon.
- Maintain Distance Learning Webpage.
- Serve as backup to the Dean of Academics and Extended Learning/Faculty Assistant in handling correspondence for the Michigan College Online (MCO) such as uploading courses, processing registrations, and completing the reconciliation at the end of the semester.
- Participate in the DLAT Monthly Meetings.
- Check Canvas accounts at the beginning of each semester to ensure all courses are published.
- Manage communications with DL Students including welcome letters, emails, text alerts, etc.
- Conduct Student Surveys each semester and provide the results to applicable faculty and the Dean of Academics and Extended Learning.
- Deliver class rosters to the Testing and Tutoring Center as needed.
- Provide clerical support to the Distance Learning and Academic Departments as needed.
- Other duties within the scope of this position as assigned by their supervisor.
- High school diploma/GED
- Knowledge and skill in operation of computer and other standard office machines and equipment.
- Demonstrate keyboarding ability.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and good phone skills.
- Associate Degree in Office Occupations (equivalent combination of education experience may be substituted).
- One (1) year experience in secretarial position.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Glen Oaks Community College, Attn: Human Resources, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032; or via e-mail at email@example.com. Applications may also be faxed to (269)467-4114. Position will remain open until March 15, 2019 or until filled.