VP of Student Services
Part-Time (28 hours/week), 11 Month Contract (Aug 1 – June 30)
Sept. 9, 2021
The Dual Enrollment Coordinator is responsible for the administrative functions and activities related to the College’s dual enrollment program with high schools in the county and service area. This includes the enrollment, registration, and monitoring of high school students enrolled in college-level courses on campus, online, at their respective high schools, and through the Career Technical Education Program. This position plans and implements dual enrollment procedures to streamline processes, and interacts with high school staff and administrators, the ISD, various college departments, and other community partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates efforts with various campus departments to guide, assist, monitor, and ensure seamless scheduling, enrollment, registration, and continuous support for dual enrolled students in accordance with internal policies and in compliance with government rules and regulations.
- Works with high school counselors on identification of eligible students, coordination of the course placement evaluation, advising services, orientations, registration, and support services.
- Coordinates marketing material, recruitment, and outreach activities in collaboration with appropriate College personnel and partnering school administrators.
- Promotes and encourages dual-enrolled students to matriculate to college upon high school graduation.
- Ensures all paperwork collected is complete and accurate.
- Develops and makes presentations to high schools or other stakeholders in county and service area.
- Ensures that agreements (MOUs) with partnering schools and districts are in accordance with College policies and applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Identifies and resolves operational problems, administrative issues, and other workflow matters raised by faculty, College administrators, high school administrators, and/or students in the program.
- Monitors the status of dual enrollment numbers and overall program effectiveness.
- Maintains effective communication and ensures timely response to inquiries from key stakeholders.
- Monitors program participants’ progress in college courses. Communicates progress with partnering school liaisons and connects students to campus and community resources as needed.
- Assists in tracking of, and communication with, students enrolled in the Early Middle College Program and refers to departmental resources as necessary.
- Coordinates campus and community functions related to the dual enrollment program. Collaborates with the Director of Admissions and Early Middle College Program Director to market all high school student enrollment options.
- Provides periodic reports to high school liaisons and counselors on students’ enrollment and academic progress.
- Develops communication plan for dual enrollment students and parents and provides information, feedback, and resources to students in a timely fashion.
- Advises high school guest students and high school dual-enrolled students on course and program selection.
- Attends County Counselor Academy meetings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of FERPA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP: As assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Two (2) years of related work experience in student services, education, outreach, recruitment, or mentoring/success programs.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point.
- Skilled in public speaking.
- Travel, evening and some weekend work required.
- Master’s degree
- Experience working with dual enrollment students or related high school programs.
- Experience with Colleague or other similar student information system.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department, Glen Oaks Community College, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until September 16, 2021.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.