Advanced Project Management is a 2-day activity based training course that goes beyond the basics to increase the participants’ understanding of how to select and prioritize projects, define customer needs, and use the Work Breakdown Structure to ensure no tasks are left behind.
Participants will learn how to prevent dependencies from negatively affecting the project schedule and establish a performance measurement baseline. They’ll also learn how to make strategic decisions to avoid delays, disruptions and extra work, and expedite the organization’s goals.
- Project Management Framework defines key project management terms, identifies the major PMBOK® Guide process groups, and reviews the project management knowledge areas.
- Project Scope Management establishes the foundation of how to systematically identify the key deliverables of the project. After establishing a scope baseline, it is crucial to ensure that there will be a process for managing change.
- Project Time Management builds on the deliverables identified in the scope definition process. The project manager breaks these deliverables down further and then develops the project schedule.
- Project Cost Management covers establishing a project budget and understanding the different mechanisms used to estimate the cost of a given project.
- Project Human Resources Management addresses the essential staffing and leadership issues for the project team.
- Project Quality Management ensures there is a plan for managing, assuring, and controlling the project’s quality.
- Project Risk Management is a critical area which enables participants to comprehend what is needed in identifying risk events, analyzing them, and strategies for handling them.
- Project Communications Management helps participants understand project team communications issues and how to build consensus among various project groups.
- Project Procurement Management covers the essentials of procurement decisions, contract administration, and closure principles.