Increase your knowledge on how to successfully manage projects. These tools and techniques are useful for both large and small projects. Improve your planning and control of tasks and schedules. Meet timelines, use available resources and satisfy quality requirements. This 16 hour training course will include workshop time where you will implement provided forms and tools on a current project you are managing.
This course is designed for individuals from technical and non-technical fields who are new to project management, as well as those looking for formal project management training that would like to begin with proven fundamentals.
None; No prerequisites for this course
A variety of training methods are used in the course, including PPT presentation, discussion, exercises, group projects and demonstrations to reinforce learning and to encourage questions and participation.
- Concepts of Project Management and the Skills Required
- Scope Definition and Project Requirements
- Great Project Communication & Leadership
- Breaking Down the Overall Project Into Smaller Tasks
- Sometimes Called – Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Project Scheduling: Tasks, Links and Critical Paths
- Project Scheduling: Estimating the Work
- Project Time Management
- The Integrated Project Plan
- Project Control and Reporting
- Project Closure and Lessons Learned
- Ensuring the Quality of the Output
Training materials will be handed out in the class.