Director of Fitness and Wellness Center/Athletics
Part-Time (20 hours/week), GOSSE – Level III
July 6, 2022
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employees in this position perform many support activities needed to operate the Athletic Department. They will work with the Athletic Director to meet the goals for the department, and to enhance the overall operations of the department. They will provide support for the Athletic Director, Head Coaches, and Assistant Coaches. Employees in this position, performing the full range of secretarial duties, function as secretaries, coordinating office activities for non-clerical supervisors. They participate in and supervise the performance of a variety of clerical tasks, perform secretarial functions, such as composing, editing, and prioritizing office communications, and when appropriate, resolve issues. They will participate in management support activities through application of a body of knowledge related to instructions (procedures, practices, manuals or other specified instructions), guidelines (policies, rules, regulations or laws), and office equipment (computer, fax, photo-copier). Examples performed by this position include:
- Provides secretarial support services for Athletic Director and Coaches as it is related to the athletic program. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Making travel arrangements for overnight travel for all sports teams, coaches, and the Athletic Director.
- Requesting meal money and assisting in completing reimbursement forms for each sport, Athletic Director’s and coach’s travels.
- Scheduling vehicles for all department travel, including recruiting, errands, and team travels.
- Typing schedules and rosters for each sport.
- Notifying all involved (MCCAA Head of Sports, Head of Officials, A.D., Coaches, College, Media, etc.) of team schedule changes.
- Requesting officials pay and monitoring any changes in home event officials scheduling.
- Preparing the cash box for basketball gate and the concession stands.
- Counting and depositing, to the Business Office, all cash and checks that come into the office, which include home event gate monies, concession stand monies, and athletic fundraiser monies for each sport.
- Taking minutes at departmental meetings.
- Processing all internal requisitions and occasional ordering of supplies.
- Typing roster programs.
- Printing all student-athlete course schedules for all coaches when requested.
- Typing certificates for each student-athlete who completes their season.
- Assists with the organization of clinics, tryouts, awards banquet, athlete orientation, and other special events.
- Operating budgets – assist in preparing yearly budget for the Athletic Department and all sports for the review and approval of the Athletic Director. Reconciles the budget monthly and notifies the Athletic Director of any problems. Informs coaches of their individual budgets as requested. Prints budget reports as requested.
- Agency and Fund-Raising Account Budgets – prepares check requests for coaches from agency accounts. Counts and deposits to the Business Office, all cash and checks for agency accounts for all sports. Reconciles agency accounts on a monthly basis and notifies the Athletic Director and/or coaches of any problems. Prints agency account reports as requested by coaches.
- Scholarships – types letters of intent, notifies the Financial Aid Office of scholarships, assists the Financial Aid Office in having financial aid contracts signed and returned, maintains Excel scholarship spreadsheet, and requests transfer of funds by Controller. Notifies the Controller and Financial Aid Office of scholarship adjustments.
- Maintains student athletic files which include physical forms, insurance forms, code of conduct forms, letters of intent, release forms, transfer forms and awards. Maintains ACCESS database of student athletes.
- Eligibility – prints all transcripts, evaluates each student-athletes GPA, enters data in NJCAA Audit, and completes requirements as requested by the NJCAA for the review and approval of the Athletic Director.
- Recruiting – assists with mailing recruiting packets, arranging tours for new or prospective student athletes, scheduling Accuplacer and mass recruiting mailings as requested.
- Fundraisers and Outings – organize and assist with the running of both. Create flyers and prepare mass mailings associated with both. Maintain ACCESS databases used for fund raisers and outings.
- Responsible for all cash and checks collected for fund raisers and outings and depositing of said funds to the Business Office. Prepare Excel income statement and monitor Agency Account.
- Maintain student athletic handbooks and copies for athletes.
- Student/Athlete Evaluations – check in all student/athlete evaluations. Maintain a “late list” and read all evaluations as a screening step prior to submission to the Athletic Director.
- Sports camps: assist with mass mailings five (5) or six (6) times annually, register students, maintain several ACCESS databases, count and deposit to the Business Office, all cash and checks, type certificates for each camper.
- Complete Equity in Athletics report required yearly by the U.S. Department of Education for Title IV funding.
- Other duties within the scope of this position as assigned by their supervisor.
- Associates Degree in related field (equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted).
- Demonstrate keyboarding ability.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public.
- A comprehensive command of grammatical structure, sentence structure, spelling, punctuation, and the ability to compose, in good form, various correspondences.
- One (1) year experience in secretarial position.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts and three professional references to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com or attach to our online application. Position will remain posted until July 14, 2022 or until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.