Director of Nursing
April 15, 2021
Employees in this position, performing the full range of secretarial duties, function as secretaries coordinating office activities for the Nursing Department. They participate in and supervise the performance of a variety of clerical tasks, perform secretarial tasks, and participate in management support activities through application of a body of knowledge related to instructions (procedures, practices, manuals or other specified instructions, guidelines (policies, rules, regulations or laws), and office equipment (computer, fax, photo-copier)).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides support to the Director of Nursing and to students in the nursing programs.
Examples performed by this position include:
- Provide initial information about programs to new students, and set up appointments with the Director for new students. Respond to phone, e-mail, walk-in, and website contacts with information about the program and keep all information up to date.
- Maintain the student handbook.
- Maintain and monitor student records on attendance, courses completed, and student progress (progression form) necessary for our records and the Board of Nursing.
- Organize the office and maintain computer, Etrieve, and physical files to document information. Identify any problems to the Director of Nursing.
- Develop and maintain a tracking file of student progress through each program. Insure that all students meet prerequisites and graduates meet degree requirements. Provide licensing boards with student degree information.
- Collect immunization and CPR records for students and follow up with students not meeting requirements.
- Distribute immunization and CPR records (i.e. minimum requirements records) for students to clinical agencies.
- Issue and maintain contracts with clinical agencies and maintain records necessary for the State Board and other accrediting agencies. Answer general questions from clinical agencies and refer to the Director as needed.
- Maintain nursing book for each class.
- Schedule, type agenda, and take minutes at the Health Advisory Committee meetings. Maintain HAC book.
- LASO with State Police and prepare audit reports as required.
- Maintain a clinical rotation schedule and a master schedule of class offerings.
- Maintain each semester’s class schedule for review by the Director of Nursing.
- Maintain a word file for the self-study required by the State Board of Nursing, and other licensing boards and accrediting bodies.
- Set up meetings for the Director of Nursing and maintain his/her calendar.
- Assist with planning and development of Nursing pinning ceremony.
- Assist with reports for graduate and nursing related surveys and employer program satisfaction surveys.
- Other duties within the scope of this position as assigned by their supervisor.
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP: As assigned.
- Associate degree (equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted).
- Demonstrate keyboarding ability.
- Knowledge and skill in operation of computer and other standard office machines and equipment.
- A comprehensive command of grammatical structure, sentence structure, spelling, punctuation and the ability to compose, in good form, various correspondences.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a diverse population of peers, students, parents, and community partners in a clear, effective, and courteous manner.
- One (1) year experience in secretarial position.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department, Glen Oaks Community College, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until April 29, 2021 or until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.