VP of Academics/Dean of Academics
Full Time (Faculty Senate Bargaining Unit Member)
June 29, 2022
In accordance with the mission of a community college, Graphic Design faculty at Glen Oaks Community College are expected to teach a range of courses in Graphic Design and Digital Arts. Faculty are expected to facilitate student learning by designing varied and engaging learning environments, developing, and revising course curricula, integrating new technologies, embracing a multicultural environment and participating in academic and college committees and meetings. The successful candidate will be teaching high school and college students.
The Visual Arts area at Glen Oaks Community College offers a wide range of courses. In addition to traditional classroom environments, the college provides online offerings, and faculty members are encouraged to design new delivery modes and explore innovative pedagogical methods. The person in
this position may teach a variety of courses including those for high school and community college students. The person in this role will be expected to work collaboratively with the Director of Career and Technical Education (CTE) at the St. Joseph County ISD.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with St. Joseph County CTE Director to evaluate curriculum and data annually to assure continuous improvement.
- Mentor and advise students.
- Assure instructional outcomes are established for all courses and that they are aligned with the needs of employers and transfer institutions.
- Plan and prepare instructional course materials, equipment, and other student experiences necessary to facilitate high quality instruction.
- Upkeep lab spaces to ensure a safe and quality learning environment each semester.
- Assist in planning and leading advisory board meetings.
- Work with high school principal and other school personnel to ensure policies and procedures are followed as necessary.
- Facilitate required support services (special education, counseling academic support) available for students.
- Work collaboratively with the St. Joseph County CTE Consortium to provide state-required reporting information.
- Help students understand the importance of continuing education beyond the high school curricula.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the individual assigned to this role and should not be interpreted as a comprehensive list of duties.
- Bachelor’s of Fine Arts in Graphic Design, Visual Art or related discipline
- Successful teaching experience at the college level in the area
- Ability to teach both college and high school students, demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ability/disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, high school students, faculty and staff
- The ability and background to teach a variety of challenging and diverse courses.
- Master’s of Fine Arts in Graphic Design, Visual Art or related discipline.
- Community college teaching with an understanding of the community college student and the mission of a comprehensive community college
- An understanding of the high school student; teaching experience with web-based technologies
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts and three professional references to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com or attach to our online application. Position will remain posted until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.