Dean of Academics and Extended Learning
Full-Time (Faculty Senate Bargaining Unit member)
December 7, 2018
In accordance with the mission of a community college, Nursing faculty at Glen Oaks Community College are expected to teach in a range of courses across the curriculum, in related areas, i.e. Medical/Surgical nursing, OB/PEDS, Fundamentals, Role Transitions and Psych nursing. Teaching will occur in the classroom, skills/simulation lab and the acute/chronic clinical care settings.
Faculty are expected to facilitate student learning by designing varied and exciting learning environments, developing and revising course curricula, integrating new technologies, embracing a multicultural environment and participating in academic and college committees and meetings.
The Academic Area:
The Nursing division at Glen Oaks Community College offers a wide range of courses, both in traditional classroom environments as well as in simulation laboratories and skills lab. The area keeps up to date with internal policies and procedures, as well as external standards of the Michigan Board of Nursing. Faculty members are encouraged to design new delivery modes and explore innovative pedagogical methods, while assessing student learning outcomes aligned with college and program expectations.
- Master’s Degree required
- BCLS American Heart Certified instructor required
- Certification for Nurse Educators (CNE) required within 2 years of hire
- Successful teaching experience at the college level in the Nursing domain
- Two years related work experience in the Nursing field
- Experience in classroom, skills laboratory and clinical teaching components of Nursing
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ability/disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students/faculty/staff.
- Relevant field experience
- Community college teaching experience with web-based technologies
- Cover letter and resume. When preparing your cover letter and resume, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications. Submitted application materials should specifically address these qualifications and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement
- Contact information for 3 professional references
- Unofficial transcripts of all higher education degrees. Official transcripts and a GOCC employment application will be required at the time of hire
- Copies of current nursing licenses and other related credentials.
To apply, submit all required materials to: Glen Oaks Community College, Attn: Human Resources, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032; or via e-mail at email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled, applications reviewed upon receipt.