Associate Dean of Health Sciences
April 21, 2022
The Full-Time Nursing Faculty develops, implements, and evaluates the nursing program on an on-going basis. This position participates in curriculum development, program revisions, program evaluations, textbook selection, teaching in the classroom and clinical setting, evaluation of student achievement, and other matters as assigned in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of Glen Oaks Community College (GOCC).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop current and relevant curriculum in the nursing program of study collaboratively with colleagues. Determine intended course student learning outcomes and develop learning activities, course materials, and assessments necessary to achieve course outcomes in the classroom, clinical, and/or online learning environments.
- Actively participate in program accreditation and Michigan Board of Nursing approval.
- Collaborate with the program administrators, faculty, and clinical site administrators/educators to ensure correlation between clinical education and didactic education that support course student learning outcomes.
- Supervise students in the clinical setting.
- Comply with the agency-specific orientation requirements and policies.
- Support, mentor and remediate nursing students to reach educational goals.
- Provide timely, constructive and thoughtful feedback to students.
- Submit student grades and class records according to the College policies
- Provide orientation and on-going support to Adjunct Instructor. Examples include mentoring, answering questions and collaborating on how to address student learning needs.
- Serve in the role of program expert for students and others seeking information about the Nursing Program.
- Participate in activities that promote the nursing profession and encourage enrollment and program completion.
- Collaborate with Associate Dean of Health Sciences and faculty colleagues to establish program/course schedule to meet student needs.
- Mentor new faculty members
- Maintain regular campus presences through office hours and cooperative attendance and participation in department and institutional meetings and committees.
- Collaborate with Associate Dean of Health Sciences, faculty colleagues, and College Administration in strategic and budgetary program planning to ensure necessary resources.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends in the professional discipline and of best practices in educational methodology through continuing professional development.
- Complete required GOCC training as necessary.
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP: As assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s degree in nursing (MSN) from an accredited college/university.
- Current unencumbered RN licensure in Michigan and Indiana as required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in one or more of the following settings: long term care, adult medical surgical, behavioral health, maternal-child, and/or pediatrics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional technology.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Maintain professional credentials as required by the State of Michigan.
- Maintain BLS certification
- Maintain current health requirements per nursing program and clinical site requirements.
- Minimum of two (2) years teaching experience in a community college or university.
- Experience working with a diverse population.
- Demonstrated collaborative problem-solving.
PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES AND ABILITIES:
- Serves as a role model of good written and oral communication skills and management skills.
- Possesses a positive attitude; able to see the good in self and others.
- Shows flexibility including the acceptance of and willingness to change; sees opportunity for growth.
- Displays self-discipline and a strong work ethic.
- Accepts responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- Demonstrates commitment to be a productive and supportive member of the college community.
- Successfully organizes, executes and follows up on projects; sets specific objectives and measures to achieve results.
- Accepts criticism gracefully and uses it as an opportunity for growth.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Inspires others; sets example of professionalism both within the college and the community.
- Leads and/or follows as circumstances require.
- Treat others fairly and equitably.
The job responsibilities are performed in clinical, classroom, simulation lab, and office settings. The job has intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward. Typically requires regular use of one or more physical senses of medium intensity and long duration. Travel between multiple locations is required.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department, Glen Oaks Community College, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032, via e-mail at email@example.com, or attach to our online application. Position will remain posted until May 5, 2022 or until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.