The Farmers State Bank Business Scholarship was created to provide scholarship assistance to qualified individuals in the business programs at Glen Oaks Community College. This scholarship is to be awarded to students with financial need and committed to Business who
plan to complete a two-year degree, or a qualified certificate program at Glen Oaks Community College.
The effect of this scholarship, in addition to functioning as a strong incentive for and a prestigious acknowledgement of excellence in business studies, would be to raise the rate of retention for talented business students by providing a strong and appealing reason for
remaining at Glen Oaks Community College.
The Scholarship will serve to honor and substantially reward each year’s recipients and to significantly enhance and embellish the Glen Oaks Community College business program as a recruitment and retention tool.
- Student pursuing a business career
- Business, finance major
- Students must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more)
- Must be St. Joseph County, Michigan resident
- Financial circumstances (low to moderate income), academic ability, and career goals will be taken in consideration in selecting the recipients.
- The recipients of the Farmers State Bank Business Scholarship will be expected to maintain a semester GPA of at least 2.5 while receiving the scholarship.
- Students will be selected by the GOCC Foundation Scholarship Committee based upon the above criteria.
- The scholarship may be applied to all education related expenses.
- The amount and number shall be established annually by the donor.
- Must reapply
The Office of Financial Aid will disburse the scholarship according to the standard school policy.
If, at any time, the College Foundation policies and procedures in effect for the administration of award and scholarship funds are changed, these provisions are automatically modified to conform. The fund is established as of Whenever it appears that changing conditions make this plan no longer applicable, practical, or suited to the general purposes stated above, the College Foundation would
confer with the donor or their representative to secure a modification of the plan. If the Foundation is unable to locate the donor or their representative after reasonable efforts, then the Foundation is authorized to utilize the fund for any other suitable educational purpose, so that the fund will provide the maximum service to the community through the advancement of higher education.