Financial Aid Assistant
Director of Financial Aid
Full-Time, GOSSE Level III
October 12, 2021
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Director of Financial Aid, employees in this position, perform a variety of clerical and support tasks pertaining to the financial aid process. Responsibilities include assisting current and prospective students with financial aid inquiries and the processing of financial aid applications. This position requires the ability to communicate with a high degree of diplomacy and professionalism while maintaining confidentiality. Requires knowledge of federal, state, and institutional financial aid rules and regulations. Examples of duties performed by this position include:
- Responds to financial aid inquiries and provides services as necessary for students, faculty, staff, and the public in person, by mail, electronically, and/or via telephone. Assists students on the use of myGOCC.
- Completes verification of student files to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Review and award institutional and external scholarships.
- Monitors enrollment levels and adjusts awards as necessary.
- Maintains work-study contracts, monitors hours, adjusts awards as required, and post job descriptions online and on campus.
- Cross-Trained to assist with customer service and walk in traffic within the student services division.
- Reviews and maintains the procedure manual for this position.
- Monitors and communicates with financial aid students requiring proof of attendance. Releases financial aid upon attendance verification.
- Process returns to Title IV calculations in a timely manner. Notifies Business Office of any results requiring action.
- Creates and mails SAP letters, as needed.
- Upon notification of identification of students requiring Exit Counseling, create and mail letters.
- Assist with office coverage during evening hours, including receiving payments for the Cashier’s Office. Provide reconciliation to Cashier’s Office as needed.
- Create and track delinquent and default loan mailings.
- Evaluate and coordinate the department’s web presence to ensure accurate, relevant, and comprehensible content. Maintain links, revise, update, and compose new content as needed.
- Other duties within the scope of this position as assigned by their supervisor.
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP: As assigned
- Associate Degree in related field.
- A comprehensive command of grammatical structure, sentence structure, spelling, punctuation and the ability to compose, in good form, various correspondences and mathematical aptitude.
- Knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel) and other standard office machines and equipment.
- Demonstrate keyboarding ability.
- One (1) year relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with financial aid regulations and procedures.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department, Glen Oaks Community College, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also apply online. Position open until October 22, 2021 or until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.