Federal Tax Return Transcripts
Tax filers can request a tax return transcript, free of charge, from the IRS in one of three ways; online, by phone or by completing a Form 4506-T.
Submit the tax return transcript to Glen Oaks Community College; make sure to include the student’s name and ID# on the transcript.
Mail, fax, scan or bring the federal tax return transcript to:
62249 Shimmel Road
Centreville, MI 49032
- Navigate to the IRS Web site
- Under “How can we help you?” select “Get Your Tax Record”
- Click “Get Transcript by Mail” or “Get Transcript Online”
- Enter the tax filer’s Social Security Number, date of birth, street address, and zip or postal code. Note: use the address that was listed on the tax return filed.
- Click “Continue”
- In the Type of Transcript field, select “Tax Return Transcript” and in the Tax Year field, select “year” required with FAFSA you are submitting.
- If successfully validated, tax filer can expect to receive a paper IRS Tax Return Transcript at the address he transcript, within 5 to 10 days from the time the online request was submitted.
**IRS Tax Return Transcripts requested online cannot be sent directly to a third party by the IRS. Tax transcript will be sent to student and student will need to forward to GOCC Financial Aid Office.
Note: Make sure to include the student’s name and ID# on the transcript.
- Contact the IRS by calling 1-800-908-9946
- Tax filers must follow prompts to enter their social security number and the numbers in their street address. This will be numbers of the street address that was listed on the latest tax return filed.
- Select “Option 2” to request an IRS Tax return Transcript and then enter “year” required with FAFSA you are submitting.
- If successfully validated, tax filer can expect to receive a paper IRS Tax Return Transcript at the address that was used in their telephone request within 5 to 10 days from the time the IRS receives the request.
- IRS Tax Return Transcripts requested by telephone cannot be sent directly to a third party by the IRS.
- Submit the tax return transcript to Glen Oaks Community College; make sure to include the student’s name and ID# on the transcript.
- Download form 4506-T
- Complete lines 1-4, following the instructions on page 2 of the form.
- Note that line 3 should be the most current address as filed with the IRS. It is the address where the IRS Tax Return Transcript will be sent. If the address has recently changed, include the address listed on the latest tax return filed on line 4.
- Line 5 – Not available
- On line 6, enter “year” to receive IRS tax information for the tax year that is required for the FAFSA you are submitting.
- The tax filers (or spouse if requesting information from a joint tax return) must sign and date the form and enter their telephone number. Only one signature is required to request a transcript for a joint return.
- Mail or fax the completed IRS From 4506-T to the appropriate address (or FAX number) provided on page 2 of Form 4506-T.
- Tax filers can expect to receive their transcript within 5 to 10- days from the time the IRS received and processes their signed request.
Note: Processing form 4506-T means verifying/validating the information provided on the form. If any information does not match the IRS records, the IRS will notify the tax filer that it was not able to provide the transcript.