Director of Fitness and Wellness Center/Athletics
Part-Time, Contracted (EduStaff)
May 31, 2022
Employees in this position are part-time, contracted agency employees. Employees in this position assist in the daily operation of the Fitness and Wellness Center including opening and closing of the center, checking patrons in and out, monitoring patrons in the proper use and cleaning of the equipment, and ensuring that the facilities are clean and well maintained. The Fitness Center Associate is also responsible for checking recreational equipment in/out and monitoring the condition of equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet patrons and visitors to the Fitness and Wellness Center.
- Provide membership information and tours to prospective members and students.
- Check patrons in and out of the Fitness and Wellness Center.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons and visitors.
- Provide appropriate paperwork for patrons to complete.
- Understand and enforce all Fitness and Wellness Center Policies.
- Use cash register to complete sale of products and balance the till.
- Use expertise to assist patrons and students in appropriate use of workout equipment.
- Perform routine inspections and cleaning of equipment during and at the end of every shift.
- Complete appropriate opening/closing checklist each shift.
- Submit help tickets to IT and/or Maintenance for technical or facility issues. Report other concerns to the Director of Fitness and Wellness Center/Athletics as appropriate.
- Signing student workout logs to verify accuracy of information as needed.
- Monitoring memberships to ensure paperwork and dues are up to date.
- Must be able to stand for up to four hours, move between pieces of equipment, and lift up to 50-pound weights
- Follow equipment check out procedure and document any damaged/non-returned items.
- Assist in events and activities for the student body.
- Other duties as required to perform the functions of this position within the job description as assigned by the supervisor.
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP: None
- Experience in a gym or fitness setting through college, high school or club athletics
- High levels of customer service
- Basic math skills
- Ability to perform duties of the position with minimal supervision
- Associates Degree
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Fitness Center experience a plus
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or attach to our online application. Position will remain posted until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.