Fitness Center Director
Part-Time (Contracted through EduStaff)
June 26, 2019
Employees in this position, monitor all processes of the Fitness Center. The employee will be responsible for supervising patrons and students, instructing and assisting with minor health assessments, monitoring patrons for adequate and up-to-date membership and appropriate paperwork. Employee will also be active while on duty, interacting with patrons and students while monitoring performance and appropriate equipment usage. Employee also aids in maintenance and cleaning of the Fitness Center. The employee is responsible for checking in/out recreational equipment while monitoring the condition of equipment.
- Greeting each individual who enters the Fitness/Wellness Center.
- Providing high level of customer service.
- Providing appropriate paperwork for members to complete.
- Performing basic fitness assessments on students and patrons.
- Being aware of all Fitness/Wellness Center Policies and enforcing the policies.
- Using cash register to complete sales of product and balancing the till.
- Using expertise to assist patrons and students in appropriate use of workout equipment.
- Performing routine inspections and cleaning of equipment.
- Reporting computer problems to clerical staff so necessary adjustments can be made.
- Signing student workout logs to verify accuracy of information, if computers are down.
- Monitoring memberships to ensure paperwork and dues are up to date.
- Must be able to stand for up to four hours and move comfortable between pieces of equipment.
- Follow equipment check out procedure and document any damaged/non-returned items.
- Assist in events and activities for the student body.
- Other duties as required to perform the functions of this position within the job description as assigned by the supervisor.
All employees will undergo a performance review on a regular basis. Results of performance review will determine continuation of employment.
- Experience in a gym or fitness setting through college, high school or club.
- Must be CPR/First Aid Certified, or able to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- High levels of customer service.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to perform duties of the position without constant supervision.
- Associates Degree
- Fitness Center experience a plus.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Glen Oaks Community College, Attn: Human Resources, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032; or via e-mail at email@example.com. Applications may also be faxed to (269)467-4114. Position will remain open until filled.