The intent of this scholarship, in addition to serving as an incentive for attending the college and serving as an acknowledgement of past leadership achievement, is to encourage and support ongoing leadership qualities and service of Glen Oaks Community College students. The leadership qualities to be recognized by this scholarship include:
- Organizational skills,
- Willingness to take and accept responsibility,
- Serving in a key role at school or in the community,
- Ability to inspire others, and
- Ability to succeed through effective teamwork.
- High school graduate or equivalent with a minimum g.p.a. of 3.00
- Full-time enrollment status in college
- Glen Oaks Community College district or service area resident
- May be either a first-year student or second-year student
- Students pursuing an Associate degree in General Studies or other degree program.
Leadership may be demonstrated by participation in activities and projects beyond standard class expectations, serving in a key role (officer, team captain, or similar). Student leadership may include voluntary involvement in student government, school or college clubs and organizations, or athletic teams. Applicants are required to provide two (2) letters of support from high school or college officials, teachers, or community members attesting to the applicant’s leadership quality and service.
- Students will be selected by the scholarship committee based on the above criteria.
- Students are required to provide at least two (2) letters of support as noted above.
- The scholarship may be applied to all education-related expenses.
- Number and size will be determined by the availability of funds and number of qualified applicants.
- Minimum of one award each year based on availability of funds.
- Must reapply
The Office of Financial Aid will disburse the scholarship according to the standard school policy.
Donors and their immediate families (spouse, child, stepchild, grandchild, step-grandchild, sister or brother) are not eligible for assistance from the scholarship or grant for which they are the primary donor or for whom the fund is named.
If, at any time, the College Foundation policies and procedures in effect for the administration of award and scholarship funds are changed, these provisions will be automatically modified to conform.
Whenever it appears that changing conditions make this plan no longer applicable, practical, or suited to the general purposes stated above, the College Foundation will confer with the donor or their representative to secure a modification of the plan. If the Foundation is unable to locate the donor or their representative after reasonable efforts, then the Foundation is authorized to utilize the fund for any other suitable educational purpose, so that the fund will provide the maximum service to the community through the advancement of higher education.