The Glen Oaks Community College Foundation Scholarship was established by the Glen Oaks Community College Foundation Board on October 14, 2003 to recognize those students who are deserving of financial support.
- Must be enrolled in a program for a degree or certificate at Glen Oaks Community College
- Students must be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours or more
- Must be in good academic standing, with a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must be from the GOCC service area or St. Joseph County
- Financial need as determined by the financial aid office
- Academic ability, financial circumstances and career goals will be taken into consideration in selecting the recipients.
- The recipient will be expected to maintain a 2.5 GPA while receiving the award.
- Applicants must complete and submit an application, available on the Foundation website or at the Financial Aid Office
- Selection is made by the Director of Financial Aid/Scholarship and the Foundation Scholarship Committee.
- The scholarship may be used for educational related expenses.
- Number and size determined by availability of funds and number of qualified applicants.
- Must reapply
The Office of Financial Aid will disburse the scholarship according to the standard school policy.
If, at any time, the College Foundation policies and procedures in effect for the administration of award and scholarship funds are changed, these provisions are automatically modified to conform.
Whenever it appears that changing conditions make this plan no longer applicable, practical, or suited to the general purposes stated above, the College Foundation would confer with the donor or their representative to secure a modification of the plan. If the Foundation is unable to locate the donor or their representative after reasonable efforts, then the Foundation is authorized to utilize the fund for any other suitable educational purpose, so that the fund will provide the maximum service to the community through the advancement of higher education.