Director of Fitness and Wellness Center/Athletics
Part-Time, Contracted (EduStaff)
July 28, 2022
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic, growth-minded coach who is ready to teach, develop, and help their players to become better softball players, better students, and better citizens. In compliance with NJCAA and Glen Oaks regulations, and in conjunction with the Athletic Director, the Head Softball Coach at Glen Oaks Community College will be responsible for planning, organizing, coaching/instructing, and evaluating all aspects and facets of a successful softball program at the NJCAA Division II level. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment of skilled and qualified softball student-athletes who desire growth in their academics, athletics, and personal lives.
- Budget and submit scholarship recipient recommendations to the Athletic Director for approval.
- Monitor and hold accountable each softball team member for academic progress and NJCAA eligibility.
- Coach, teach, monitor, and be accountable for the athletic and competitive development of all members of the softball program.
- Effectively analyze and teach the fundamental skills, strategies, and mind-set required for softball, academics, and life.
- Be responsible for the behavior of softball student athletes on and off campus, within purview of the coach.
- Plan, organize, conduct, and evaluate all practice sessions in alignment with program goals.
- Prepare and submit to the Athletic Director all Fall and Spring competitive team schedules.
- Oversee team travel coordination and other administrative processes and procedures.
- Prepare, submit requests to the Athletic Director, monitor, and manage team budget opportunities (including fundraising) within school guidelines.
- Select, supervise, evaluate, and ensure compliance with all assistant coaches.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and ethics; ensure compliance with, and follow all NJCAA and College rules, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in public relations/media activities.
- Effective and positive communications with all team personnel and school staff is imperative and required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the individual assigned to this role and should not be interpreted as a comprehensive list of duties.
- Associate Degree from an accredited institution
- Two or more years coaching in college, high school, or club athletics
- CPR Certified, or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Valid driver’s license with no restrictions and a safe driving record
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior college coaching experience
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts and three professional references to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or attach to our online application. Position will remain posted until August 5, 2022 or until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.