The Helen Jeanneret Augspurger Scholarship is awarded to a top student in the Sturgis High School graduating class who plans to attend Glen Oaks Community College. Selection is made by the Sturgis High School counselors and is based on grade point average, class rank, and ACT scores.
This scholarship was initiated by Helen Jeanneret Augspurger in 1993.
- Must be a top student in the Sturgis High School graduating class who attends Glen Oaks Community College
- Students must be enrolled for at least 12 credit hours or more
- Financial need may be a consideration if there is more than one qualified applicant
- As above
- Based on grade point average, class rank, and ACT scores
- Academic ability, financial circumstances and career goals will be taken into consideration in selecting the recipients.
- The recipient will be expected to maintain a 3.0 GPA while receiving the award.
- Selection is made by the Sturgis High School counselors who will certify in writing their selection
- Final approval will be made by the Director of Financial Aid and the Foundation Scholarship Committee.
- The scholarship may be used for educational related expenses.
- Number and size determined by availability of funds and number of qualified applicants.
- Must reapply
The Office of Financial Aid will disburse the scholarship according to the standard school policy.
If, at any time, the College Foundation policies and procedures in effect for the administration of award and scholarship funds are changed, these provisions are automatically modified to conform.
Whenever it appears that changing conditions make this plan no longer applicable, practical, or suited to the general purposes stated above, the College Foundation would confer with the donor or their representative to secure a modification of the plan. If the Foundation is unable to locate the donor or their representative after reasonable efforts, then the Foundation is authorized to utilize the fund for any other suitable educational purpose, so that the fund will provide the maximum service to the community through the advancement of higher education.