The Academic Affairs division continues its tradition of honoring those students who have excelled in their academic efforts. Full-time and Annual Faculty members nominate students based on outstanding achievement in class.
Other Awards which may be presented each year include:
- Each year at graduation, recognition is given to a graduate receiving an Associate Degree who has maintained a 3.75 GPA or better, has earned a minimum of 45 semester hours of credit at Glen Oaks and who has been nominated for his/her outstanding contribution to classwork and to Glen Oaks.
Who’s Who Among Students in American Junior Colleges
- Students identified by the faculty as being among the country’s most outstanding campus leaders are recognized by membership in Who’s Who Among Students in American Junior Colleges.
John Ward Faculty Scholarship
- The college faculty may recognize a student who has demonstrated excellence in departmental work and interest in the specific field of study, and who has maintained a 3.3 GPA over 24 semester hours of college work (8 hours if on certificate program).
Business Department Award
- Business students, both full-time and part-time, who display high academic standards, excellence in the classroom, and who express a desire to work in the business world (or are presently working in business) are eligible to receive this award.
Fine Arts Studio Award
- Students who exhibit outstanding talent in art, music, or drama are honored by this award.
- Athletes who participate in any sport for one season, who attend practices, games or meets on a regular basis, and who maintain a good attitude are eligible to receive a certificate of achievement.