Director of Building & Grounds
GOSSE Level IV, Full-Time
March 15, 2019
Employees in this position install, maintain and repair (and sometimes operate) mechanical, electrical and other maintenance trade equipment such as locks, control-valves, filters, motors, tanks, fans, radiators, hoists, thermostats, refrigerators, pumps, sewers, boilers, air conditioners, heavy equipment and other types of equipment using various types of tools and knowledge and principles of the maintenance trades. The knowledge of electrical wiring, systems and equipment is essential as well as understanding of the principles involved in systems such as cooling, sewer, water, heating and pressure systems. (Some knowledge of the principles of other maintenance trades is also important, such as welding, plumbing, carpentry, construction, painting and masonry/plaster.) The various types of equipment and systems may be located in buildings or garages, or on outdoor sites. Examples performed by this position include:
- Make correct adjustments and perform preventive or corrective maintenance on heating and cooling systems.
- Perform safe preventive or corrective maintenance of electrical circuits, motor controls, etc.
- Make structural changes as required.
- Snow removal and mow campus grounds as required.
- Other duties within the scope of this position as assigned by their supervisor.
- Must demonstrate a general knowledge of heating and cooling systems.
- Must demonstrate a safe working knowledge of 110, 208, 220, 277, 480 voltage, 3-phase power electric circuit, such as motor controls, lighting, switching and power outlet circuits.
- Must demonstrate a practical knowledge of rough carpentry and finish carpentry.
- Must demonstrate a general knowledge of brazing, cutting, and welding metal.
- Two (2) years relevant work experience.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Glen Oaks Community College, Attn: Human Resources, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032; or via e-mail at email@example.com. Applications may also be faxed to (269)467-4114. Position will remain open until March 22, 2019 or until filled.