VP of Academics
Full-Time (Faculty Senate Bargaining Unit member)
August 3, 2021
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In accordance with the mission of a community college, Mathematics faculty at Glen Oaks Community College are expected to teach in a range of Mathematics courses across the curriculum. Teaching will occur in the classroom and/or online. Faculty are expected to facilitate, assess and document student learning by designing varied and exciting learning environments, developing and revising course curricula, integrating new technologies, embracing a multicultural environment and participating in academic, college and community committees/meetings.
The Academic Area:
The Mathematics discipline at Glen Oaks Community College offers a wide range of courses, both in traditional classroom environments as well as online. Faculty members are encouraged to design new delivery modes and explore innovative pedagogical methods, while assessing student learning outcomes aligned with college and program expectations. There is a particular need for faculty who are familiar with math pathways, quantitative reasoning, corequisite models in developmental mathematics education, and placement processes for mathematics, such as multiple measures, placement instruments/tools, and/or guided self-placement.
- Master’s degree or higher in mathematics, or a master’s degree or higher in a related field and 18 graduate semester hours of mathematics courses.
- At least 2 years of successful teaching experience at the college level.
- Community college mathematics teaching experience with web-based technologies.
- Understanding of the mathematics pathways.
- Experience developing and teaching corequisite developmental mathematics and key gateway mathematics courses, including quantitative reasoning.
- Experience with placement processes for mathematics classes, such as multiple measures, placement instruments, and/or guided self-placement.
- Curriculum development experience.
- Assessment experience, documenting evidence of student learning.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Cover letter and resume. When preparing your cover letter and resume, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications. Submitted application materials should specifically address these qualifications and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.
- Contact information for 3 professional references.
- Unofficial transcripts of all higher education degrees. Official transcripts and a GOCC employment application will be required at the time of hire.
- Teaching Philosophy statement
To apply, submit all required materials to: Glen Oaks Community College, Attn: Human Resources, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until August 10, 2021, or until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.